Gut and Mrs Gut's adventure

GUT2407

A couple more sea days. Now this cruise was heavy on sea days, about 20, but that was fine by us, one of these sea days was the Beautiful Mrs Gut's birthday.

Some may remember I was hoping to do chefs table or ultimate balcony for this, however Mrs G had other plans she wanted a burger under the stars,nso being a sensible man, that's what we did.

As previously indicated we just did our own thing in Darwin a visit to some of the bomb ruins and cyclone sites.

Hot and humid.

It was here that I made one ladies day, when DW asked a question and I responded bug...d if I know, as you do, lay was so excited because she had Ben told she may hear an Aussie say it, so at least I made someone happy. Wasn't Mrs GUT I can never make her happy.

Darwin was our daughter's birthday also the day she got her Uni results (which lead to the thread Guts Bragging).

Interesting that while walking along the jetty the water enclosed by the jetty was teaming with sharks, must have been at least 20.

Those pesky solicitors/lawyers are everywhere these days... :eek:

Should be a law against it! :p

:cool:

And now my baby's another one of them, fitting really.

Now she's just waiting for her practicing certificate.

And without all the lawyers who'll write and enforce those laws against lawyers, now I am :confused::confused::confused:

And without all the lawyers who'll write and enforce those laws against lawyers, now I am :confused::confused::confused:

:D Lol... there would be a mutiny for sure Gut!

:) Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

...Hoist the mainsail - here I come

...Ain't no room on board for the insincere

...You're my witness

...I'm your mutineer

... I was born to rock the boat

...Some may sink but we will float

...Grab your coat - let's get out of here

...You're my witness

...I'm your mutineer

....................... Zevon. rip

Enjoyable review too, mate!

Cheers r

Sorry been crazy busy.

I think next up was Geraldton.

HMAS Sydney was the main point of call when you're married to an historian that's the sort of place you visit, though this time Mrs (guess I should be saying Dr) Gut was very good, a some Historical sites she can get downright nary over some mistakes.

I was a touching spot.

Then the old hospital and gaol.

Hadnt been here since the 70s.

Pleasantly surprised how they've tidied the place up.

A visit to some museums and Gut taught some school kids a few things and nutter out a few more (that's why everyone says Gut's a bit of a nutter, cause he's so good at nutting out problems).

The first thing that needed nutting was at the Dutch museum. But Gut got it done.

Many of you will know that the Dutch are considered the first white fellows to land in Australia, Dirk and his mates, so why don't we all talk Dutch and have names like Dirk and Heinrich and the like.

Well see at the museum they've got all this Dutch stuff, plates, jars, bottles, Evan a boat. You should see the condition it's in it's all broken, even the boats got bits musing, so Gut jutted out that they probably made a map of how to get to Aus, you know..

Sail South for 40 days, go round the bottom of the first country you get to, turn left at the spot where you caught the fish, sail on for 29 more days, slight right turn where the crabs were, that sort of thing.

BUT

Because the Dutchies coukdn't take care if their good stuff (like plates, bottles and boats) they couldn't take care if their maps neither, so coukdn't find their way back to Aus again, and then when old Cookie took good care of his maps the Poms got us instead,

See that's why I'm known as a nutter.

I also explained to some school kids about nose cancer and how it killed all the oldies. Bet their teachers are impressed.

Now I have to admit I nutter nose cancer long ago, probably when Dr Gut (to use her proper title) took me to something about that Tut bloke. See all them Egyptian mummies (why no daddies, sexual descrimination if you ask Gut the Nutter) had their nose missing, now quick as a flash Gut Nutted that nose cancer was the main cause of death.

Now at one Museum they had a skeleton, and not only was his nose gone so was his feet, so the old Guttster put on his nutting cap and worked out that poor fellow had not only nose cancer, but foot cancer too, explained it to the school kids and you could see they were real impressed, even heard one if 'em say "that bloke must be a Nutter".

Edited by GUT2407

A man who has learnt the most important lesson in life!

Mr gogo is still learning after 25 years of marriage:rolleyes:

That's why Mrs Gut keeps me, says after 35 years I'm about 20% trained not gonna start afresh now.

A few more days at Sea...mmmmmmmm.

Then Adelaide

Docked at Outer Harbour, train into town.

Our son lived in Adelaide while he was at Uni, so really just a wander around, one shop I really wanted to visit (after a pen for our Daughter as a present for her admission) no longer existed.

Got a few funny looks when I mentioned to some people that we were buying her a pen, they thought we were tightwads

Obviosly they were thinking $1 for a brio or maybe a few dollars for a rollerball, Or even $25 or so for a Parker was thinking a few hundred for a Visconti, or Mont Blanc or something similar.

A few more days at Sea...mmmmmmmm.

Then Adelaide

Docked at Outer Harbour, train into town.

Our son lived in Adelaide while he was at Uni, so really just a wander around, one shop I really wanted to visit (after a pen for our Daughter as a present for her admission) no longer existed.

Got a few funny looks when I mentioned to some people that we were buying her a pen, they thought we were tightwads

Obviosly they were thinking $1 for a brio or maybe a few dollars for a rollerball, Or even $25 or so for a Parker was thinking a few hundred for a Visconti, or Mont Blanc or something similar.

...Obviously the heathens don't realise it is a mightier than the sword variety, mate? ;)

Bloody Bolshies! :eek:

Cheers r

...Obviously the heathens don't realise it is a mightier than the sword variety, mate? ;)

Bloody Bolshies! :eek:

Cheers r

For both of us it is tool of the trade.

That nasty Mrs Gut woman wouldn't let me buy the one I wanted (not for DD but for me) but it had an extra 0 on the end:eek:. Still wouldn't be the most I've spent on one.

For both of us it is tool of the trade.

That nasty Mrs Gut woman wouldn't let me buy the one I wanted (not for DD but for me) but it had an extra 0 on the end:eek:. Still wouldn't be the most I've spent on one.

Goodness! :eek: So glad my Tool of Trade is a keyboard! Pick up one of those for $30!!! :D

Spent way more on her than we did on ourselves, handbag, pen, opal ring lovely bangle in Picton, make up type junk, not sure what you call it, not really make up, the good Mrs Gut said half the same price as at home, but twice the amount.

Spent way more on her than we did on ourselves, handbag, pen, opal ring lovely bangle in Picton, make up type junk, not sure what you call it, not really make up, the good Mrs Gut said half the same price as at home, but twice the amount.

Funny how 50% off will get some people buying stuff they don't want or need just because it is half price.:rolleyes:

Funny how 50% off will get some people buying stuff they don't want or need just because it is half price.:rolleyes:

You mean like Mrs GUT.

But they needed the face junk and we did promise DD a bag if she passed. It's for work.

A day at sea and then Melbourne.

Simple day here met up with son and daughter in law.

Women went shopping men went to James Bond Spectre at one of them fancy cinemas with reclining chars and service, pretty nice really.

Then took the kids out to lunch, bought the above mentioned pen:D checked out a few camera stores and then time to head pack to Station Pier.