CamaCama's Family Vacation on the Escape 11/21/2015 (Detailed PICTURE Review!!!!!!)

CamaCama

CamaCama, I'm loving your review, Also, I really like the girls' t shirts they are wearing. Do you mind if I ask if you had them made? I would love to get one for my niece and an upcoming trup. Thank you !

Thanks, the I'm So Excited shirts I got from zulily (it's a really cute discount site) but it has new sales every week and I got these a while ago. You can set up a "notify me" when it's back in stock... here's the link: http://www.zulily.com/p/banana-im-so-excited-tee-toddler-girls-145999-3643525.html

• 3 weeks later...
Balcony which we thought was a great size. I think it's small compared to other ships but it was a nice bonus for us.

Right below us is Deck 8 aft which is the waterfront. Some of the restaurants and bars have outdoor seating and we were right above Cagney's... you can see here in the deck plans.

Deck 8

111ship.jpg

Deck 9

112ship.jpg

We never heard anything inside the room at all. Outside sometimes we'd hear silverware dropping and people talking a little but that's about it. We aren't the type to need quiet, even our girls can sleep through anything, so none of that bothered us. We did have a big white roof right below our room so we didn't have a direct view down to the ocean but the view was awesome and we didn't mind it. Some people might, so something to keep in mind if you have a deck 9 aft side-view balcony.

Where did you get these cruise deck plan images? Is it a website? I like it.

Edited by luvmylilangels

What an amazing review and a lovely family. It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Thank you so much for posting such a thorough review. We are new cruisers and traveling in June and I had so many questions that you managed to answer in your review.

I just have one question. I was unaware of the i concierge app. How did it work? Did you have to purchase onboard wifi in order to use it? Was it a convenient way to stay in touch with your family when you were separated?

I am booked for May and I wonder how it will compare with the Breakaway. Unfortunately, most of the groups I follow are reporting a somewhat mix/negative experiences. Hoping to hear some positive things about the vessel.

We are booked for December and like you, many of the reviews/comments I read are average at best. It has me feeling a little apprehensive and wondering if we should choose another ship.

What an amazing review and a lovely family. It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Thank you so much for posting such a thorough review. We are new cruisers and traveling in June and I had so many questions that you managed to answer in your review.

I just have one question. I was unaware of the i concierge app. How did it work? Did you have to purchase onboard wifi in order to use it? Was it a convenient way to stay in touch with your family when you were separated?

It worked great, we loved it. There is a quick setup with a code on your tv (download the app before you get on the ship), then you're good to go! Ours was free the week we sailed but normally it's 7.95 to use the text feature for the week for each phone.

We are booked for December and like you, many of the reviews/comments I read are average at best. It has me feeling a little apprehensive and wondering if we should choose another ship.

If you just go in with the mindset that not everything is perfect but you're on vacation and you'll make it what it is, you'll have a great time! There were a few things that weren't ideal but definitely did not ruin our cruise! Not even close. It's a great ship and I'd actually love to go on again without the kids or when they are older so we can take advantage of more of the bars, shows, adult only areas, etc. To be honest, we did miss the promenade to walk around (like on the new RCI ships), the parades they have there and character meet ups, etc but we can always book a future cruise on RCI. :p

Great review...we are taking the "Thanksgiving" cruise on The Escape this year. I am hopeful our weather is as good as yours.

The cruise will be our 25th Anniversary Present to each other and therefore kid-free. But it was such a great review with a beautiful family I enjoyed each and every post you made. Love the information.

I think you posted that the boat was pretty full - I was wondering if that is typical of Thanksgiving cruises....maybe it is.

If we have a good time - we may make it an annual thing.

Look forward to your June cruise...I hope you guys have a Happy 10th Anniversary Cruise!!

We are 1st time cruisers on NCL, we normally cruise on Carnival. I booked the Escape for next year with the same itinerary. I was curious on how far ahead you can book reservations for the speciality dining rooms. Thanks for all the great information.

Jess! I had so many questions for you, but this review answered most of them :D now I don't have to bother you with my PMs

Thanks for doing this!

Glad it helped!! Have fun!!

Great review...we are taking the "Thanksgiving" cruise on The Escape this year. I am hopeful our weather is as good as yours.

The cruise will be our 25th Anniversary Present to each other and therefore kid-free. But it was such a great review with a beautiful family I enjoyed each and every post you made. Love the information.

I think you posted that the boat was pretty full - I was wondering if that is typical of Thanksgiving cruises....maybe it is.

If we have a good time - we may make it an annual thing.

Look forward to your June cruise...I hope you guys have a Happy 10th Anniversary Cruise!!

Thanks so much and happy 25th!! Thanksgiving and NYE sailings are typically very full since people don't have to take as much time off work (my guess). But, it doesn't bother us. We don't mind the crowds, it's just part of cruising to us. Honestly though, we didn't encounter any lines for anything the entire trip, a few minutes here and there for camp drop off but other than that nothing. No waits getting off and on at each island... helps that you dock at each island, no tenders!

We are 1st time cruisers on NCL, we normally cruise on Carnival. I booked the Escape for next year with the same itinerary. I was curious on how far ahead you can book reservations for the speciality dining rooms. Thanks for all the great information.

You will love it! You can start booking 90 days out online.

Thanks for your reply! No, we're not cancelling now that I've seen plenty of good reviews!:) I think the initial ones I read were from the Atlantic crossing and also the short sailings they had before beginning the 7 nights. I know we'll have fun, we don't get bent out of shape over little things, especially on vacation! I'm super excited to try the ropes course and water slides myself! :)

My youngest son is 12 years old and easily over the height limit, but he's not 100 pounds yet. That seems like a funny weight if the height limits are listed as 40 and 48 inches. He really wants to do the drop slides along with the others! Maybe they'll let him do it, it's not like they'll have a scale to weigh everyone.

Thanks again for your review and fun pictures!

They do indeed have a scale to weigh people they think may be below 100lb or over 300lb unfortunately under 100lb and the likelihood is your son won't build up enough speed to get around the uphill loop [emoji45]

Edited by newcastlemam

• 2 weeks later...
They do indeed have a scale to weigh people they think may be below 100lb or over 300lb unfortunately under 100lb and the likelihood is your son won't build up enough speed to get around the uphill loop [emoji45]

If his swim shorts have pockets, put weight (rocks) in them. :D

The videos of the slide were awesome- good for your Mom!! I love it!! Great review- can't wait to finish it! But then I'll be sad cause it's over and we have 2 1/2 weeks until we leave!!!

Thanks, the slides were great.. we didn't expect to love them as much as we did. Enjoy your cruise in 2.5 weeks... lucky!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this review. Like all of the others before me, I found it to be awesome and again like the others, your girls are just adorable.

We are taking this same trip on Escape in December with the whole group, Nana, Papa (me) all three of our kids, their spouses and 4 grand kids. The kids will be 11, 10, 7 and 3 when we cruise so your review was certainly informative.

I know at one point you mentioned a fee for "sessions" for the kids. Is that for the Splash Academy?

We are also Floridians, west coast, and love the fact that we can drive to 4 different cruise ports.