Extended Stay - 17th Street Ft. Lauderdale?

elycelynne

Just wondering if anyone has stayed there and, if so, how was your experience? I currently have a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express Airport South in Dania Beach, but was thinking of changing if the Extended Stay was decent because I at least know that it's in a good area and I've seen it at prices that weren't absolutely astronomical.

(And don't suggest Embassy Suites because it's COMPLETELY sold out for the night that I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale.)

• 1 month later...
We have stayed there several times. It is fine for a pre-cruise night. Many restaurants and stores nearby.

Thanks. Are the rooms in decent shape? And how is their free breakfast? (I know that none of them are gourmet, but is theirs edible or should I plan on going somewhere else for breakfast?)

Edited by elycelynne

I have stayed at both Hol Inn 17th st and Extended stay, they are right next to each other. Unless Hol inn is going for a very good rate, I would not go back there, and the only thing it has going better for it than extended stay is their breakfast. Extended stay was fine for a night or two. Big room with a full kitchen. No kitchen utensils though unless you order them up from the desk. I did not prepare meals in my room, but did appreciate the large refrigerator.

Extended stay breakfast is however quite lacking. It consist of granola bars and oatmeal, muffins supposedly, but they were all gone by 8am the morning that I was there. Some fresh apples and bananas. Certainly enough to tide one over or start the day, and the coffee was quite good. My rate at extended stay was almost 100.00 cheaper than Holiday inn next door. The staff at Extended stay are very helpful and pleasant.

I would stay at Extended stay again, if the price was good. Bed was ok, and AC worked fine.

There is an Einstein bagels across the street, and Carabba's for dinner right next door, with many more restaurants in easy walking distance.

One more thing to keep in mind is that Extended stay does not have an ice machine. I just kept my drinks cold in the refrigerator and did not need ice, but it could be a problem if you like to have ice.

Edited by SMSACE6