Epic Thermal Suite Pass

Hibiscus13

Hi all, we're booked on the 21 day Med trip on the Epic leaving January 3. We've never bought spa passes before as we've only done warm weather cruising. But I think the Med in the winter, it might be worth getting a Thermal Suite Pass.

Here's where I need some help. I'm on the NCL website and I have two options, I can choose a Suite Pass for January 3 or January 13 only, at a cost of $231 CAD per pax. Does that mean I get access for the whole segment of the cruise (as it's a B2B), starting on either January 3 or January 13? Please don't tell me that's the cost per day, only on those two available dates.

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm on the NCL website and I have two options, I can choose a Suite Pass for January 3 or January 13 only, at a cost of $231 CAD per pax. Does that mean I get access for the whole segment of the cruise (as it's a B2B), starting on either January 3 or January 13? Please don't tell me that's the cost per day, only on those two available dates.
It sounds like that is the cost for each segment. So if you want the pass for the entire 21 days, you have to book it both for January 3 and for January 13.

But that said, it seems kind of expensive to me. For comparison, the 7-day pass last month was US$129 on-line, and for a 9-day pass later this month it's US$149 on-line. I thought NCL had a very attractive exchange rate for Canadians, so it doesn't seem like a 10- or 11-day pass would be CA$231. I guess you should probably call them…

It sounds like that is the cost for each segment. So if you want the pass for the entire 21 days, you have to book it both for January 3 and for January 13.

But that said, it seems kind of expensive to me. For comparison, the 7-day pass last month was US$129 on-line, and for a 9-day pass later this month it's US$149 on-line. I thought NCL had a very attractive exchange rate for Canadians, so it doesn't seem like a 10- or 11-day pass would be CA$231. I guess you should probably call them…

I called - that's the cost for the entire cruise, both segments. All booked, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We are on Epic same time as you only just on the 11 day segment and we also have spa passes. I almost always get them.

You will find it WELL WORTH the price!!

And by booking on line we all saved money plus booking in CAD which the NCL rate is significantly better than the on board rate makes it an even better value!

We will be spending almost all day on our sea days there as well as grabbing some time after long touring days and on port days where we have shorter tours planned.

Since it will not be "pool" weather this will be some of the best money we spend on board!

Okay so I was stupid and dithered a bit too long and now they are sold out to pre purchase, can anyone tell me where I have to race to when I embark to buy one of the spa passes please?

Thanks

Liverpool Jo

Run straight to the spa and get one purchased

Only at the spa, as far as I know (anyway, there tends to be a crowd at guest services on the first day, so best avoided if possible). You never know if or how fast they will sell out, so head over there as soon as you can. However, last month they were still selling passes into the evening, and they were offering day passes on port days throughout the cruise (which suggests that the cruise-long passes never fully sold out).

They always sell day passes on port days and sometimes on sea days even if the week passes are sold out. They do not sell week passes to capacity as they make more money selling them per day. 50.00 per day much more profitable for them so they ensure they are not sold out through weekly passes.

Having said that. They do sell limited weekly.

The best value is for those who bought them in advance. We saved either 20or25% by doing so.

Next best is buying on board. They will sell week passes for the first 2 days if they do not sell oit on day one.

Then they stop selling them regardless so anyone who wants to go has to pay 50.00 per day.

Go 4 days and you are paying more than what we paid in advance for 11 days.

With a winter cruise I suspect the chances of it fully selling out are very high. Only the heartiest Canadians will be hanging out by the pool...I am sure I will head there once or twice lol

Advance passes are sold out on our January 13 cruise.

So.....anyone who wants a spa pass. As soon as you board head to the spa. It will not be overly crowded you will get them fairly quickly and can then head to lunch grinning like a Cheshire cat :)

Edited by Bluenoser47

The day passes on the Epic were $39, and only offered when the ship was in port. They seemed rather strict about this: one day we were scheduled to dock at 2pm and the woman said they would not be offering day passes until that time. But I don't think they go in there at sailaway and kick out the people with day passes because the ship has left port… :)

I don't know how they figure the capacity of the spa. Just counting the spa staterooms on the Epic, I think there are 39 of them, so that's around 80 people with spa access included in their fare. That's already enough people to fill up the spa and then some, if they all decided to go at the same time. And yet they sell 100 spa passes on top of that, or however many it is. On the other hand, they could probably sell twice as many as that, and there would still be certain times when the spa would be mostly empty.

You have to check in and get a keycard each time, so I guess there is a maximum number of people they will let in. Has anyone ever been turned away from the spa because of capacity issues? There were certainly times on the last cruise when the spa was unpleasantly crowded and they had trouble keeping everything stocked (robes, refreshments) and cleaning up after everyone.

I would go right to the spa when you board. Sometimes there is a table set up at pier but I have only seen this 1 time. I hope you get the pass it is so great I have done it on the Epic and it is wonderful. It has a nice big spa and even a balcony you can sit on out the back. Good luck and have a great cruise!

I called - that's the cost for the entire cruise, both segments. All booked, thanks!

Really?!?!? I just got off the phone with NCL and was told that the $199 I am seeing on myncl is for one leg. DH and I are on the 3/6/16 22 night Med aboard the Epic. We have the option to book 3/6/16 or 3/16/16 for $199 and I called into NCL after reading your post and the representative I spoke with said that I would have to choose a segment I want and pay $199 but the $199 is not for the whole 22 days. Did you book online or over the phone?

Ok, forget my last post! I called NCL back hoping for a representative that would have more info on the Thermal Suite Pass and found out that if you are sailing for 14+ days the Thermal Suite Pass is $199. So, thank you OP for posting this info!! I cannot pass up a 22 day Thermal Suite Pass aboard the Epic for $199!!!!

Edited by laniriveira

Ok, forget my last post! I called NCL back hoping for a representative that would have more info on the Thermal Suite Pass and found out that if you are sailing for 14+ days the Thermal Suite Pass is $199. So, thank you OP for posting this info!! I cannot pass up a 22 day Thermal Suite Pass aboard the Epic for $199!!!!

That sounds like HEAVEN!

What a great price! I just purchased mine for half of that time and it was $159. Good for you! :)