Laundromat near the port?

canadianeh934

Hi all, I used the search function and could not find any thing.

Is there a place near the cruise port that a person could do there Laundry or a place that does it for you?

We will be on a back to back Cruise and would like to not have to pack to many clothes this would help.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We did a 13-day cruise on Jade a few years back and used the self serve laundry on the ship. It's likely more expensive than doing it on shore, but was more convenient and wouldn't cut into your port time:) (unless they removed it during last drydock:confused:)

NCL's website indicates that they have laundry service for a fee like in a hotel but no self service laundry rooms.

In Cozumel, since NCL typically docks at Punta langosta, downtown, your nearest laundry mat is the Laundrynet place on Avenida 30 and Calle 6 Norte. A short taxi ride. @ 15 pesos a wash 11 to dry, not that expensive. Get pesos from the ship purser/guest services before you go.

I have considered having the ship do our laundry but as we would have a fair amount I'm not sure about if the cost would be worth it.

I was thinking that we would be in Cozumel for the second time and taking our laundry to get it done and go to a local restaurant and explore the area would kill to birds with one stone. Save money and eat locally. We have been to Cozumel many times!

Thanks for all the replies!

NCL's website indicates that they have laundry service for a fee like in a hotel but no self service laundry rooms.

In Cozumel, since NCL typically docks at Punta langosta, downtown, your nearest laundry mat is the Laundrynet place on Avenida 30 and Calle 6 Norte. A short taxi ride. @ 15 pesos a wash 11 to dry, not that expensive. Get pesos from the ship purser/guest services before you go.

Thanks!

There's a couple of places fairly near by for eating. Taqueria El Pique on is only about 3 blocks away at the corner of Avenida 30 and the Transversal Road (Benito Juarez). Mamalinda's on Avenida 25 and Calle 4 Norteis a nice sit down restaurant with good local food. Both of these are none tourista. There's also a local seafood place/bar, hole in the wall, just down from the laundry mat. No idea how good it is

There's a couple of places fairly near by for eating. Taqueria El Pique on is only about 3 blocks away at the corner of Avenida 30 and the Transversal Road (Benito Juarez). Mamalinda's on Avenida 25 and Calle 4 Norteis a nice sit down restaurant with good local food. Both of these are none tourista. There's also a local seafood place/bar, hole in the wall, just down from the laundry mat. No idea how good it is

Thanks very much!

I can have a good local meal and get our Laundry done. Seems like a great morning/afternoon.

We did a 13-day cruise on Jade a few years back and used the self serve laundry on the ship. It's likely more expensive than doing it on shore, but was more convenient and wouldn't cut into your port time:) (unless they removed it during last drydock:confused:)

Must have been quite a few years back since NCL removed their self serve laundry rooms from all their ships a long time ago.

I have considered having the ship do our laundry but as we would have a fair amount I'm not sure about if the cost would be worth it. ...

Thanks for all the replies!

The bag special is $29.95 and the bag holds about 5 days' worth of rolled clothes, not including jeans. They take up too much space imo.

Must have been quite a few years back since NCL removed their self serve laundry rooms from all their ships a long time ago.

2008, so I guess it was more than just a few years (time flies!!)! It was just after it was moved from the NCL America experiment and renamed from Pride of Hawaii to Jade. Glad someone corrected that they didn't have them any longer.