B2B and turning Platinum

WindsorFred

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. Spend more time planning the trip itself and less time worrying about "status."

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trip is planned already.Not worried about "status" as such but would sure be nice to get Platinum embarkation.

Trip is planned already.Not worried about "status" as such but would sure be nice to get Platinum embarkation.

I never thought it made much of a difference other than the special lounge. We are only gold right now and never have FTTF and we still are one of the first ones getting lunch by noon. I guess some things just matter more to some than others :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So you and others have reported but Carnival says different!

I was going to suggest you check your luggage tags. However, my luggage tags that had PRIORITY on them no longer has Priority on them. There is another thread re. this and I guess it's another CCL glitch.

Also my Platinum status is no longer listed on my boarding pass. Glad I printed out the luggage tags with PRIORITY on them. The boarding pass does have PRIORITY on the top.

By the way, we turned platinum on our 9th cruise when we were doing a B2B. This was the year that they changed from 10 cruises to # of days. We still only had 72 days at the end of our 10th cruise. We had 2 6-day cruises and the rest were 7 & 8 day.

Edited by Sparky2

I was going to suggest you check your luggage tags. However, my luggage tags that had PRIORITY on them no longer has Priority on them. There is another thread re. this and I guess it's another CCL glitch.

Also my Platinum status is no longer listed on my boarding pass. Glad I printed out the luggage tags with PRIORITY on them. The boarding pass does have PRIORITY on the top.

By the way, we turned platinum on our 9th cruise when we were doing a B2B. This was the year that they changed from 10 cruises to # of days. We still only had 72 days at the end of our 10th cruise. We had 2 6-day cruises and the rest were 7 & 8 day.

Checked my docs on the Carnival website today and we are still listed as gold on both legs even thou we do turn Platinum on the 2nd leg? Not sure why but I guess it is what it is.Was so looking forward to the much shorter line at embarkation finally.

Checked my docs on the Carnival website today and we are still listed as gold on both legs even thou we do turn Platinum on the 2nd leg? Not sure why but I guess it is what it is.Was so looking forward to the much shorter line at embarkation finally.

Did you check your luggage tags?

Yes, no "Priority" on either. Carnival reps all said that 2nd leg would not change till we completed the first leg but when we did we would be Plat on the 2nd leg.

Just an update, checked again last night and we are "Priority" for both legs. Guess it pays to keep checking. Thanks to all who replied.