B2B and turning Platinum

WindsorFred

We are doing a B2B this January. Called Carnival to ask if we would be Platinum on the first leg even though technically we won't have the required # of days till the second leg. They told me that we won't be Platinum till the second leg? Thought that I had read here on CC that we would be Platinum on the first leg also. Anyone else experienced this and what happened to you. Is there an official policy on their website that I can quote? Thanks.

Both sets show us as Gold. There is a "P" on the luggage tags for both legs, not sure what that means.

The P means port side to let the luggage handlers know where to send your luggage.

It probably says FWD-P, MID-P or AFT-P, depending on which section of the ship your room is in. If you were on the starboard side, it would have an -S.

Also, check the "Booking Summary'' page of your boarding passes. This will reflect your VIFP level at check in at the bottom of the page.

Edited by stobe1

update: in going through manage my cruise, my first leg baggage and boarding passes say Priority. I called CCL and they confirmed I'm Platinum on the first leg as well. They cancelled my FTTF and refunded my $59. Sometimes, things just work out

update: in going through manage my cruise, my first leg baggage and boarding passes say Priority. I called CCL and they confirmed I'm Platinum on the first leg as well. They cancelled my FTTF and refunded my $59. Sometimes, things just work out

Wow. Were your cruises linked?

All depends who at Carnival you talk to. Called this morning to link our b2b next month and ask about platinum on the first leg since we turn platinum on the second leg. She said she talked to her supervisor and I would not get it on the first since I might decide during the first cruise not to take the second one. Good thing I have fttf on the first one. And she could not link the two cruises. Spent 30 minutes on the phone, at least was able to listen to carnival commercials.

The OP should be Platinum on the first cruise. This is a recent thread on the topic of multiple pax moving up in status with the second leg, but getting recognized in the first leg.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2266461

This is totally Incorrect! You become Platinum on the Second Cruise Not the First One!!

Mike

Not sure if it is the same for platinum or not, but we just did a back to back cruise where technically we became gold on the last day of the second cruise. We were gold for the entire duration of both cruises. We also had the two cruises "linked" by a rep over the phone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All depends who at Carnival you talk to. Called this morning to link our b2b next month and ask about platinum on the first leg since we turn platinum on the second leg. She said she talked to her supervisor and I would not get it on the first since I might decide during the first cruise not to take the second one. Good thing I have fttf on the first one. And she could not link the two cruises. Spent 30 minutes on the phone, at least was able to listen to carnival commercials.

I am in the exact same situation as you. I will have enough days on the second leg of b2b to become Platinum. Called my PVP, she asked her supervisor and she was told that I will not be Platinum till 2nd leg. I have FTTF too so will hold on to it until everything is paid for and see if status changes.

I too have seen on other threads that some cruisers have been bumped up in in similar b2b situations. Don't know if it is random or if this is a policy change with CC.

I think my cruises are linked. They have different booking numbers, but on the my cruises link, they are both listed. I don't know how I got priority on the first leg as I already had luggage tags and boarding passes which said FTTF. When I went to print the second leg which said priority. Just for the hell of it I checked my first leg and it changed to priority. Whatever, I'll take it

Edited by coevan

They don't have to do anything for the first leg. They do seem to be bumping people up if they are on a B2B, but again. They don't have too.

So in the last 2 days I have spoken with 3 different Carnival reps and all of them have given me the same answer and that is we will not be Platinum until the 2nd leg of our B2B which is when we actually get to Platinum status.Somewhat confused about all the posters here who have reported that in the same situation as ours they were Platinum on their 1st leg?

So in the last 2 days I have spoken with 3 different Carnival reps and all of them have given me the same answer and that is we will not be Platinum until the 2nd leg of our B2B which is when we actually get to Platinum status.Somewhat confused about all the posters here who have reported that in the same situation as ours they were Platinum on their 1st leg?

Anyone else have anything to add?

We did a B2B in Oct. for 21 days. We had 57 days of sailing before getting on ship, but we had our Platinum cards on the first day of the first leg. So you should be Platinum when you board the ship, we were.

So you and others have reported but Carnival says different!