SDP on The Escape

mvh

Is there an updated price list for the Specialty Restaurants on the Escape? It has become so confusing and all I hear is you have to book before you even get on board or there will be nothing available. I have a 4 day SDP and I really have no idea what I can use it on. I can't find anything on NCL's website.

Please make this easy on me.

Is there an updated price list for the Specialty Restaurants on the Escape? It has become so confusing and all I hear is you have to book before you even get on board or there will be nothing available. I have a 4 day SDP and I really have no idea what I can use it on. I can't find anything on NCL's website.

I was looking for exactly that yesterday and found this website:

escape dot transatlantic2015 dot com.

Then, select Photo Gallery drop down and the very last entry, Menu. This brings up photos of nearly all the dining venue menus. I compared pricing posted recently by CamaCama in her excellent review with menus she had posted and they are the same.

P.S. I spelled out that web address so it would not be edited. It is a nice website and super handy to have the menus in one place. It does not cover Margeritaville pricing.

Oh .... I thought you actually wanted to see menus and pricing. Here is another great source produced and posted by Loonbeam. It is a good summary of venues, dining plans and extra costs:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M2fq7q2sMMrqLdCPAfaA-JHrBd1qxjtdX4MjpFm1NjA/pubhtml

Once you have paid the final amount go on the NCL website and make reservations for dinner. Ignore the fact that for ala carte restaurants it shows $0 since the website has no idea what your intention is: ala carte or fixed price (the traditional approach). When you show up at the venue just tell them your preference. It works out smoothly once you are on board.

We were on the Escape last week. We had the 3 meal SDP and did not make any reservations beforehand. We were able to get in to Cagney's twice and Teppanyaki without reservations and a very minimal wait. At Cagney's they seated us at a table near the bar, kind of away from the main dining area but the food was excellent and the service was great. I was really worried that we wouldn't be able to use our SDP because we did not make reservations but ultimately it was not an issue. We did try to walk into Moderno but were told there was nothing available until after 9PM (it was around 6PM) so we went across to Cagney's and were seated within 5 mins.

My family and i will have the 4 SDP as well! The google docs definitely helped. Does anyone know what that gratuity is on the package? We got our included for free and was wondering if it is charged gratuity like the UDP?

Thanks!

Once you have paid the final amount go on the NCL website and make reservations for dinner. Ignore the fact that for ala carte restaurants it shows $0 since the website has no idea what your intention is: ala carte or fixed price (the traditional approach). When you show up at the venue just tell them your preference. It works out smoothly once you are on board.

There's a choice between paying a la carte or fixed price???? This is the first I'm hearing this.

There's a choice between paying a la carte or fixed price???? This is the first I'm hearing this.

No, there is no option to pay "fixed price". luv2cruisecats was trying to make a distinction between booking a dinner at a la carte pricing or with an SDP. You chose at time of payment whether you are going to pay per item or use one of your SDP meals for that dinner.

For example, if you have a 4-meal SDP package, you could use one meal for lunch at a specialty restaurant and one meal for dinner. In one day, you have used 2 of your 4 meal credits.