Prices going down?

Kelslinky

The price for our interior inspiration room in Feb. Is slowly going down. About $70 cheaper at this point. Would I get anything out of calling? An ocean view is cheaper now too. Don't want to change rooms as we are booked next to friends but maybe on board credit? I've never tried to negotiate for credit or anything like that. Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The price for our interior inspiration room in Feb. Is slowly going down. About $70 cheaper at this point. Would I get anything out of calling? An ocean view is cheaper now too. Don't want to change rooms as we are booked next to friends but maybe on board credit? I've never tried to negotiate for credit or anything like that. Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you're booked on an "Early Saver" rate, then you can get a price drop, as long as the room category you're seeing is the same one you've booked. If you've already paid in full, the difference will be given to you in the form of Stateroom Credit.

Just go to Carnival's website and search for Price Protection Form, and complete it!

Did you book an Early Saver Rate? Did you book through a travel agent, a Carnival PVP, or yourself? Early Saver fares do qualify for fare reduction (if you haven't paid your fare in full yet) or OBC if you have paid in full. There is a form that has to be submitted, and if I were you, I would get a screen shot of the reduced fare you see, because it has been known to change from hour to hour, and you may need it for proof. If you booked through a travel agent (non-Carnival) then you must contact them to submit the price drop form. If through a Carnival PVP, email them to submit it. If you booked yourself, here's the link to the form: http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

All of this information applies to Early Saver rates only--or some very select fares that include price protection. If you booked under a different type of fare, you could still call Carnival and see if they would match the fare or maybe give you a corresponding upgrade; be sure to have that screen shot in case you need it. They are not obligated to do so, but it never hurts to ask, and it's not unheard of.

I hope this is helpful, not just confusing! Whatever the outcome, I hope you enjoy your cruise! :)