BTBTB Wine Policy

SuzyQ123

It really depends. Carnival is not consistent on their policy.

In Oct., I went on a Journey's B2B from Galveston, and attempted to take 2 bottles of wine. People were being sent to a table to turn in excess bottles. We were told we could only take 1 bottle, even though everyone had both of their boarding passes.

I just walked past the table as did my friends. So just be prepared. They really need to allow this in all ports.

Out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale we have taken a few b2b2b's and we each took 3 bottles of wine. I had all 3 boarding passes to show the attendant. He stated I could not do it and I asked for a supervisor. He let me through.

If you have problems, ask for a supervisor and show him your boarding passes.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Guests are entitled to bring onboard the same quantity per guest, per cruise which is one bottle of wine or champagne per guest 21 and over. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each cruise begins.

Guests are entitled to bring onboard the same quantity per guest, per cruise which is one bottle of wine or champagne per guest 21 and over. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each cruise begins.

And where did you get this information? I've been on two back-to-back cruises and in both instances was permitted to take my wine to my room upon boarding for the first cruise. I also asked John Heald whether I would be permitted to take three bottles on board with me when I debark on my back to back to back cruise in February. I was told that I will be able to do so.

Edited by Jana60

And where did you get this information? I've been on two back-to-back cruises and in both instances was permitted to take my wine to my room upon boarding for the first cruise. I also asked John Heald whether I would be permitted to take three bottles on board with me when I debark on my back to back to back cruise in February. I was told that I will be able to do so.

That info is directly from the cruise contract. It doesn't matter what John Heald says if he is telling you to do something in violation of the cruise contract. 1 bottle per person age 21 and over per cruise. No gray areas. What is authorized and what one can get away with a two different things.

Edited by Who Cares?

That info is directly from the cruise contract. It doesn't matter what John Heald says if he is telling you to do something in violation of the cruise contract. 1 bottle per person age 21 and over per cruise. No gray areas. What is authorized and what one can get away with a two different things.

Been on I don't know how many b2b's or b2b2b's and have never had a problem taking it to the cabin. There is no station set up for them to take the liquor and store it out of Miami, Jacksonville, Ft. Lauderdale, or Baltimore. No clue about other ports.

Just another of Carnival's policies that they either do not enforce, enforce irregularly or have no clue about.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Been on I don't know how many b2b's or b2b2b's and have never had a problem taking it to the cabin. There is no station set up for them to take the liquor and store it out of Miami, Jacksonville, Ft. Lauderdale, or Baltimore. No clue about other ports.

Just another of Carnival's policies that they either do not enforce, enforce irregularly or have no clue about.

It is no longer Carnival's job to store unauthorized alcohol. The proper procedure is at the end of each disembarkation is to go purchase the next cruise's authorized amount of wine and carry it on board for the next cruise.

Keywords there are "one bottle per cruise". I am going on three cruises without getting off the boat so I'm taking three bottles. How you are interpreting the contract doesn't make sense and is not true. The contract does not say that they must confiscate your bottles and redistribute them to you later.

Keywords there are "one bottle per cruise". I am going on three cruises without getting off the boat so I'm taking three bottles. How you are interpreting the contract doesn't make sense and is not true. The contract does not say that they must confiscate your bottles and redistribute them to you later.

Yes, you are taking 3 different cruises starting on 3 different dates. On each of those start dates you are authorized to take one bottle per adult on board with you. Try reading the contract again. the contract pertains to each cruise and there is no other interpretation that can be derived from the contract. Anything other than the one bottle per adult per cruise is considered contraband and under current policy, is to be destroyed if found.

Edited by Who Cares?

Yes, you are taking 3 different cruises starting on 3 different dates. On each of those start dates you are authorized to take one bottle per adult on board with you. Try reading the contract again. the contract pertains to each cruise and there is no other interpretation that can be derived from the contract. Anything other than the one bottle per adult per cruise is considered contraband and under current policy, is to be destroyed if found.

As I already said I will take on one bottle per cruise when I board the ship for 3 cruises with three cruise tickets and 3 bottles of wine. Nothing in the contract says this is incorrect. Carnival says this is correct. It is only your interpretation of the contract that is at odds with what Carnival and the contract says. And just so you know, if some idiot at the port did interpret it the way you do, I will ask for a supervisor and I do not think Carnival will want to piss off a customer who cruises 4 - 5 times per year, (usually solo so I'm paying twice the rate) over a bottle of wine.

Edited by Jana60

As I already said I will take on one bottle per cruise when I board the ship for 3 cruises with three cruise tickets and 3 bottles of wine. Nothing in the contract says this is incorrect. Carnival says this is correct. It is only your interpretation of the contract that is at odds with what Carnival and the contract says.

Good luck, my PVP says 2 bottles, me & wife, buy 2 bottles in San Juan for return. Her answer was this prevents you from bringing on 2 more bottles each leg. Don't shoot the messenger. There are ALOT of B2B San Juan. Tom

Edited by texast518

Good luck, my PVP says 2 bottles, me & wife, buy 2 bottles in San Juan for return. Her answer was this prevents you from bringing on 2 more bottles each leg. Don't shoot the messenger. Tom

I won't be bringing on any more bottles on each leg of the journey. Once I board the ship I stay on board until the end of the cruise other than to visit the ports. I do not bring alcohol back from any port whether doing a single cruise or a back to back.

I won't be bringing on any more bottles on each leg of the journey. Once I board the ship I stay on board until the end of the cruise other than to visit the ports. I do not bring alcohol back from any port whether doing a single cruise or a back to back.

How do they know you will not bring on 2 bottles each port, or that you brought all legal bottles early?

How do they know you will not bring on 2 bottles each port, or that you brought all legal bottles early?

As you were informed by your PvP you cannot bring on more wine before each leg of the journey when you are back to back. And they DO know that you are back to back. Bottom line I've done this several times and there has never been any question from carnival or anybody else at the port.

As you were informed by your PvP you cannot bring on more wine before each leg of the journey when you are back to back. And they DO know that you are back to back. Bottom line I've done this several times and there has never been any question from carnival or anybody else at the port.

Merry Christmas, I'm happy for you and wish you continued success. Tom

When you go ashore at the home port on a back to back cruise you do so the same way you do at the ports of call with your sail and sign card for your cruise. They give you your new cell and sign card and a "passenger transit certificate" if you wish to go into port in Galveston. When you reboard they are fully aware that you are a "passenger in transit" because the other people checking in through security have cruise tickets and you have only your current sail and sign card for the next cruise. So if you did purchase alcohol in port it would be treated the same way as alcohol purchased in any port of call. It would be held in Carnival possession until the very end of your cruise.

Edited by Jana60

When you go ashore at the home port on a back to back cruise you do so the same way you do at the ports of call with your sail and sign card for your cruise. They give you your new cell and sign card and a transit certificate if you wish to go into port in Galveston. When you reboard they are fully aware that you are a passenger in transit because the other people checking in through security have cruise tickets and you have only your current sail and sign card for the next cruise. So if you did purchase alcohol in port it would be treated the same way as alcohol purchased in any port of call. It would be held in Carnival position until the very end of your cruise.
We have the same cabin # , will we get new S&S ?