Upsell Elf Visit for Escape!

duchesslt

We had called last week to our TA and since we booked last Feb for this weekends cruise, they said it would be 3500.00 to upgrade from a inside to a balcony, that wasn't happening:) called today right to NCL and boom 300.00 total for a up sell to a balcony.:D very happy

Just curious - is a mini suite really that much different from a balcony stateroom?

Not on the newer ships, no. The main difference is that the mini suite has a larger and better appointed bathroom. Otherwise, at least in my observation, they are identical. On the other hand, if you happen to be sailing on the Sun, the mini suite is truly a mini SUITE, complete with a walk in closet and a seating area, and better furniture. I believe there are only twenty of them on the ship, and the aft ones in particular are terrific.:D

Woodside, I got a similar response from the pcc today. Since we booked in Feb for our Jan cruise, an upgrade would be very pricy. ($1500 to go from balcony to mini suite)! They did give me the upsell # & told me to call back in 9 days (14 days prior to sail) suggesting that was my best bet for an upgrade. We will give it a go, but I'm not expecting much.

Sorry to hop on this thread and apologies if my question is stupid but is there a different upsell phone number for calls from UK? (Could I use the the uk call centre to enquire?) sorry, I'm a newbie to all this [emoji15] X

Woodside, I got a similar response from the pcc today. Since we booked in Feb for our Jan cruise, an upgrade would be very pricy. ($1500 to go from balcony to mini suite)! They did give me the upsell # & told me to call back in 9 days (14 days prior to sail) suggesting that was my best bet for an upgrade. We will give it a go, but I'm not expecting much.

We were under a week out for our cruise as well, figured no is the worse that could happen:)

We booked an inside for Escape Jan 2 sailing many months ago, and I called the upsell # Monday after seeing the phone number posted here, and was offered a balcony for $300 or family mini suite for $500. Traveling with a two year old we gladly took the family mini suite with bath tub 😀 Very happy!

We booked an inside for Escape Jan 2 sailing many months ago, and I called the upsell # Monday after seeing the phone number posted here, and was offered a balcony for $300 or family mini suite for $500. Traveling with a two year old we gladly took the family mini suite with bath tub [emoji3] Very happy!

I'd definitely be happy at that price too! Congrats and enjoy!!

Just jumping in to say we got an upsell on the Getaway yesterday for our Jan 17 cruise (so close to 3 weeks out). Not sure if there was a correlation but I'd called the day before to ask and she pulled up my reservation, told me there was nothing available yet for that sailing, and to watch my email. The next day I got the offer. I've never gotten one on my past 2 sailings with NCL so just in case calling (the upsell number someone listed above) helped I wanted to pass that suggestion on!

Called today (10 days out) for the Escape. We have an OA...one of those funky forward facing oceanviews with the window seat. I was nicely put on hold for a few minutes and told there's nothing yet available, but I'm welcome to check back next week when she expects more will "become available."

We had a large balcony (B6) and upgraded to an aft penthouse suite (H6) for $750pp (only for the first 2 in cabin so $1500 total even though there were 4 of us). That was a question I'd always had - if per person meant everyone in the cabin or just first two when people listed their upsell prices. Since we'd paid $2350 for the B6 when we booked in Feb, our total for 4 in the Haven aft was $3850 (including port charges etc and kept our UBP).

Shocked - how far out are you? If the sailing isn't open for upsell yet they're probably just quoting you the actual cost to change your booking to that category.

Jonasmir - my emails came from upsell@ncl.com and upsell2@ncl.com but there's nothing in the email telling you to use that email - they say to call the number earlier in this thread to take advantage of the offer.

Shocked - how far out are you? If the sailing isn't open for upsell yet they're probably just quoting you the actual cost to change your booking to that category.

Jonasmir - my emails came from upsell@ncl.com and upsell2@ncl.com but there's nothing in the email telling you to use that email - they say to call the number earlier in this thread to take advantage of the offer.

Hi.We sail Jan 9th to the 23rd back to back.We were looking at just upgrading the second week 16th to the 23rd.

Up sells are good for both they not only get more money from you they also have a cheaper room that they can move at a price,you move up at a discounted cost and they resell your old room. It's not based on anything other than that,money.

Hi.We sail Jan 9th to the 23rd back to back.We were looking at just upgrading the second week 16th to the 23rd.

You may just be too early then - seems like a lot of people say they got them less than a week out. Probably depends on how much is left. I'd ask your TA to make sure the upsell department has your email for whenever they start to lower prices.

Yes, from family ocean view to mini suite for $200 total.

did you have an offer ? I just spoke to them and they told me that they only did havens and that the jan 23rd sailing was sold out for them and they could not offer anything else as they were not the ones to determine who gets upsold from balcomys say to mini suites

did you have an offer ? I just spoke to them and they told me that they only did havens and that the jan 23rd sailing was sold out for them and they could not offer anything else as they were not the ones to determine who gets upsold from balcomys say to mini suites

No offer. I cold called the number and maybe just got lucky to have a nice woman who was helpful. FYI -I am sailing the 16th which might make a difference ?