Pre cruise hotel/ Ft lauderdale

luvkruzin

I am booked at the Best Western Marina right across from the cruise port. Has anyone stayed there? Can anyone tell me if it is a good loaction and or a good hotel.. THank you

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;05;21;09;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

minitiere015.gif

Caribbean Princess 5/04

Explorer of the Seas 9/03

Victory 9/02

Sensation 10/01

Voyager of the Seas 9/00

Celebration 9/99

I stayed there a couple of years ago the only problem that we had there was there was no heet of course when we went there it was the end of jan u can see the ships coming and going from there from what i was told they have cleaned the place up a little but a good location it will take u less then 5 min. to get to the ships have a good cruise only 272 day for me

Ron

Marriot Ft. Lauderdale Marina, highly recommended, right across from the port.

<font color="FF6600">

if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>

Cruise photos on my Home page <font color="990066">

Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004

So when is the next cruise?

We had to find a motel after a cruise last Nov because it was snowing in Boston. Delta gave us a discount rate which was not really discount at all. Please do NOT stay at this place. They made us wait in the lobby for hours till they got the room ready and they had said on the phone that we could come right over.One couple got to their room and it was not made up yet. The A/C did not work right and the hair dryer was broken. The desk people were rude and in the restaurant they will not let you take your coffee out of the restaurant area.I wouldn't eat there either. Ther are over 200 places to stay in Ft. Lauderdale so I sure would not stay there. I know there have been other people with stories about this place that are worse then mine.

I just wanted to thank you all for this post because i was booked at the Best Western for this Friday night and after reading this I immediately cancelled and booked with Wyndham. They were the best that was left with some open reservations. Thanks again!!! icon_smile.gif

I stayed there in Feb.2003. The room was so-so, the check-out was a big joke. Had to schlep my own bags down 3 flights of stairs the next a.m. bcs there wasn't enough helpers. The restaurant was HORRIBLE for dinner and costly. No where else to walk to. They even screwed up breakfast! Couldn't take the van, there weren't enough vans for the people registered for the cruises. Took a cab which was hard to get. The only good thing was we had a view of the "Golden Princess" backing into her slip at 5am.It was disapointing to say the least.

We stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Always get a nice upgrade.

This hotel has free transport from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the ship.

There is a large shopping plaza right next to the hotel including multiple restaurants and a movie theatre.

We usually stock up on some bottled water and some extra items that we didn't want to lug from NY to FL while we are there.

One more voice of caution here against the Best Western Marina. The stories above are not unusual at all, unfortunately.

With you sailing in May, you should be able to get the Embassy Suites or Marriott Marina on Priceline (3* Downtown zone) for under $60. I'd highly recommend going that direction for a much nicer property.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Burbunny,

We are hoping to get the Embassy Suites or Marriott in Sept before our cruise on the CP. Any idea what we could get them for at that time of year? We prefer to do priceline. We have had such great experiences with it and got our precruise hotel the Hyatt in Miami last year for $30!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;5;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Norway 5/11

September is still low season. I'd antiicpate under $60 then a well icon_smile.gif Good luck!

Amber - will be on on Coral in Feb and would like to do atwo night prior stay at the Marriott Marina - is it too early to bid? What price would you recommend?

Jim Schaeffer

USS Oriskany CVA-34 1972-1975

Ryndam '98

Volendam '99

Grandeur of the Seas '00

Century '01

Brilliance of the Seas '03

Brilliance Feb '04

Coral Princess Feb '05

Jim - never too early to bid, but may be too early for acceptances. I've seen wins into November so far, but nothing in 2005. Fortunately, there's no harm in trying icon_smile.gif Just don't bid too often this far out. I recommend every couple weeks at the most frequent. Also, be sure you learn about immediate rebid zones - it makes the process MUCH easier and more productive.

Spring break is tough, as many hotels don't release inventory to Priceline/Hotwire during that period. For most dates in March (there were some which had no success whatsoever), this year the Hyatt Pier 66 was going for between $80-120, the Marriott was at $120-135 (with the exception of some early wins last fall around $60), and beach properties were close to $100.

Fortunately you're early in spring break, so you have good likelihood of getting something, but I'd recommend booking a cancellable backup to have security, then begin to bid whenever you feel comfortable with a non-refundable reservation.

thanks to all for your input....i have canceled my room at the best western marina, we are now trying the hampton inn and suites airport....they seem affordable, have free shuttle to and from airport and cruise port....are there any good or bad opinions on this hotel out there....i love all this help....it takes so much worry out

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;05;21;09;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

minitiere015.gif

Caribbean Princess 5/04

Explorer of the Seas 9/03

Victory 9/02

Sensation 10/01

Voyager of the Seas 9/00

Celebration 9/99

Were those prices through the hotel web sites or Priceline/Hotwire?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BurBunny:

Spring break is tough, as many hotels don't release inventory to Priceline/Hotwire during that period. For most dates in March (there were some which had no success whatsoever), this year the Hyatt Pier 66 was going for between $80-120, the Marriott was at $120-135 (with the exception of some early wins last fall around $60), and beach properties were close to $100.

Fortunately you're early in spring break, so you have good likelihood of getting something, but I'd recommend booking a cancellable backup to have security, then begin to bid whenever you feel comfortable with a non-refundable reservation.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">_Amber_</font>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3/9/05 Eastern Caribbean

Sun Princess

Westerdam - those were Priceline/Hotwire prices.

Burbunny

Do you have any experience with priceline hotels in Honolulu, Oahu - October 2004?

NCL PRIDE OF AMERICA Oct. 2004

SUN PRINCESS 2004 Caribbean

REGAL PRINCESS 2003 Europe

GOLDEN PRINCESS 2002 Canada New England

SUN PRINCESS 2002 Panama Canal

SUN PRINCESS 2002 Mexico

DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean

DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean

SEA PRINCESS 2001 Alaska

REGAL PRINCESS 2000 Mexico

REGAL PRINCESS 1999 Panama Canal

PACIFIC PRINCESS 1999 Europe

SUN PRINCESS 1998 Caribbean

ROYAL PRINCESS 1996 Panama Canal

Honolulu isn't as cut and dried as Fort Lauderdale through Priceline, but still fairly straight forward. Some nice deals to be found. I've seen wins up to September so far.

Archived