Pounce on a 2017 now or hold my fire?

I'm going on my first cruise in about 12 days (HELL YEAH)! I'm so excited and so confident i'm going to like my mini vacation that I am already planning my getaway for next year. And i'm going all out (sorta). Straight to the Western Caribbean.

I'm still trying to decide between a cruise with Carnival out of Galveston or a cruise on NCL out of Miami. There are certainly pro's and cons to each and I haven't made up my mind.

My question is, I know traditionally, January - March are when the big lines usually have the best deals. Should I book one of these cruises now or should I wait until at least January or February to see if prices drop some? Would it rally make a difference this far out or perhaps the only additions would be offers like onboard credit, upgrades, etc? Any of you Vets have any advice here?

I should also mention i'm cruising SOLO and I wonder if that would affect my decision as far as saving money.

Thank you as always CC surfers!

I'm going on my first cruise in about 12 days (HELL YEAH)! I'm so excited and so confident i'm going to like my mini vacation that I am already planning my getaway for next year. And i'm going all out (sorta). Straight to the Western Caribbean.

I'm still trying to decide between a cruise with Carnival out of Galveston or a cruise on NCL out of Miami. There are certainly pro's and cons to each and I haven't made up my mind.

My question is, I know traditionally, January - March are when the big lines usually have the best deals. Should I book one of these cruises now or should I wait until at least January or February to see if prices drop some? Would it rally make a difference this far out or perhaps the only additions would be offers like onboard credit, upgrades, etc? Any of you Vets have any advice here?

I should also mention i'm cruising SOLO and I wonder if that would affect my decision as far as saving money.

You will lose nothing now other than losing the use of the amount you need to pay for the deposit -- of course, check the cancellation rules of the specific lines. If the price drops, you should be able to get an adjustment in your fare, but if the price increases, you're confirmed at the lower price.

I already have a cruise booked (traveling solo) for spring of 2017, and I can cancel up to 3 months before the cruise and get a full refund of my deposit if I want it. The cruise has dropped in price since I booked it, so my total voyage will be $300 less than I expected it would be.

• 4 weeks later...

Book now get the early booking special a great cabin and call in every 60 days (or when you see sales on this itinerary set up Internet search ) ask for any upgrades and discounts

Edited by Travel bug 2000

• 2 weeks later...

I also booked a cruise for 2017. Been checking the price daily. LOL!!! No price drop yet. You might want to also check out the studio rooms on some of the Norwegian ships for solo cruisers. They look so nice.

Edited by Zanpa