? parking at Houston (Bayport) terminal

D&D_Tx

Hubby and I will be driving to our Princess Cruise. Our plan is to park and roll our luggage to the terminal. Is is possible to by-pass the luggage drop off lines and go directly to parking or is the traffic designed where you have to drive past the terminal to park?

Dorothy

Hubby and I will be driving to our Princess Cruise. Our plan is to park and roll our luggage to the terminal. Is is possible to by-pass the luggage drop off lines and go directly to parking or is the traffic designed where you have to drive past the terminal to park?

Dorothy

I know of no reason that I can remember why you could not park first then wheel your luggage. The turnoff to the parking lot is before the Terminal. However, it is extremely easy to drive to the front of the Terminal and leave your luggage with a porter, or drop your the non-driver person off also and watch the luggage get ported away. Then just circle back around and park. That is what we have done both times that we have used this port.

This one is one of the best things about the Bayport Terminal, under normal circumstances, luggage drop-off and parking is really nearly painless.

Thanks sptrout!

We mostly cruise out of Galveston, where - in my opinion - the luggage drop off area is a major hassle. We park across the street and roll our luggage rather than dealing with the chaos of driving up and dropping. I was hoping that either the process was better at Baytown, or that we could roll the luggage.

Dorothy

My wife and I live 20 minutes from Bayport, we drive in drop her and the luggage off, make the circle and park the car. The drop-off line moves fast and we have never encountered a problem. If the police direct you to the far end off the drop-off line, just wave your arm and a porter will come. Have a great cruise.

The people in front of me were parking first - I could hear the parking attendant mention they could go drop off first, but it was up to them.

I dropped off my wife and luggage and parked, and it was easy. I pre-paid and had requested a car cover, so I was given a tag to show to the attendants when I was directed to my space. (We came in early due to fog, and I could see all the covered cars from my balcony so they do actually cover them!)

If the amount of luggage is small, or you're not going to use porters, it's probably fine to just park. If you're going to give your luggage to the porters anyway, drop and park.

Either way, it's a short walk to the terminal, and I did see a shuttle bus cruising the lot when we returned.

Enjoy your trip!

We dropped off our luggage with porters then parked; it was fast and easy...nothing like galveston's bottleneck not to slam Galveston..it was less troublesome than bayonne.) Still, if you wish you could park and roll your luggage...less distance than I've covered at some airports. Since our parking space was pretty close to terminal, we wheeled our luggage straight to car at disembarkation; also fast and easy. Have a wonderful cruise.

• 1 month later...
What is the name of the parking garage?

Can I prepay online

It is a lot, not a garage, however you can pay extra for a cover for your vehicle. It is part of the Bayport terminal, not a separate business and you can prepay online and get a small discount.

• 3 weeks later...