Using OBC and preplanning restaurants/excursions

Hi all -

Not a cruise newbie but have never cruised RCCL. I have $425 OBC (Some from RCCL and some from TA). I want to reserve restaurants and excursion ahead of time but the website is asking me to pay by credit card?? Can I only use my OBC towards those things to book once on the ship?

If that is the case, is availabilty limited? we are on Allure on Feb 7th.

Thanks so much!

Andie

Hi all -

Not a cruise newbie but have never cruised RCCL. I have $425 OBC (Some from RCCL and some from TA). I want to reserve restaurants and excursion ahead of time but the website is asking me to pay by credit card?? Can I only use my OBC towards those things to book once on the ship?

If that is the case, is availabilty limited? we are on Allure on Feb 7th.

Thanks so much!

Andie

Anything you book pre-cruise must be immediately paid in full with credit card and will not use OBC.

We find that if we visit the specialty restaurants as soon as we board, we generally get the reservation times we want.

Edited by clarea

You can only use your OBC on board, anything you book in advance gets charged to your card.

We've never had a problem booking on board but we've never sailed on Allure so not sure if that would be more of a problem.

Sherri:)

If there is an excursion you REALLY want to do (as in your vacation will be ruined if you don't get to do it), then book that in advance and pay out of pocket.

Otherwise, I'd have a few choices of excursions and see what is available when you board if you want to use the OBC for that.

I only say that because while I was at guest services on the Radiance this summer in Alaska, I saw/heard a couple of people at the excursions desk who had held off booking excursions to use their OBC and the ones they wanted were sold out. They had no alternative plans and were pitching fits swearing their vacation was now ruined because they couldn't do the excursion they wanted to.