Online check-in ... New to cruising

Coragirl

I have looked for this topic on the Carnival forum, but didn't see it. If I'm repeating a question, I apologize in advance.

Can someone explain the online check-in system to me? Should I do that now (we cruise July2016 out of Miami on Splendor)? Are there benefits to doing it now vs waiting until closer to cruise time? I can easily do it now as we have our passports, but I don't know if we are suppose to do it this far in advance. Any input is appreciated.

Thank you

during the check in you give your passport info and setup your on board payment system (give credit card information). you then print out your boarding passes and luggage tags. my next cruise in in 4 weeks and i just did mine today. enjoy....

If you're leaving from a port with the new staggered embarkation, the earlier you do the on-line check-in, the earlier you can board the ship.

Any idea which ports are doing this now? We leave out of Miami in 35 days, last time I was there it went pretty fast, but we seemed to have gotten there at the perfect time and it only took like 20 to 30 minutes for the whole process and we were on board. I can't remember what time we arrived though unfortunately.

Any idea which ports are doing this now? We leave out of Miami in 35 days, last time I was there it went pretty fast, but we seemed to have gotten there at the perfect time and it only took like 20 to 30 minutes for the whole process and we were on board. I can't remember what time we arrived though unfortunately.

This is the latest info I have seen

Staggered Check-In is a pilot currently being conducted on ships sailing from Galveston, Texas. Staggered Check-In will be rolled out to ships sailing from New Orleans, Louisiana, commencing with the following cruise departures:

Carnival Elation, 1/23/2016 and onwards

Carnival Dream, 1/24/2016 and onwards

Carnival Triumph, 4/04/2016 and onwards

Edited by AdrenalineRush

If you're leaving from a port with the new staggered embarkation, the earlier you do the on-line check-in, the earlier you can board the ship.

We sail out of Florida where the staggered boarding isn't an issue yet. That being the case, I do our on-line check-in right after final payment.

I usually do the online check in pretty soon after booking just to get it done. But, I put our account will be paid with cash because I don't like putting my credit card info out there until that last minute. On the Breeze in November, we paid our on board account with gift cards so they did not need our credit card info anyway. Also, I typically change cabins a few times to upgrade or if the perfect spot becomes available, so I don't print out our boarding passes or luggage tags until about a week before we sail. Hope that helps.