Jacksonville

goagain

Last year we stayed at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel. It's just a cheap hotel, but near River City Mall (?). Plenty of places to eat nearby. Rooms had mini frig, microwaves. Breakfast included. I think we paid $65. They also have park n cruise deals, but we parked at VIP which we have used before.

• 3 weeks later...

For a great start to your vacation, stay in the Jacksonville Beach area, or the Town Center. Beach offers great restaurants and obviously the beach. The Town Center offers shopping galore plus great restaurants. Both are only 15 minutes from the Port and a way better setting then the airport.

I have literally been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks. My mom and I are flying in from Texas. There are so many options, I just know I am going to pick the wrong one for what we want/need. We leave on 1/30 and I am stressed to the max.

Please don't stress!! Most of the major chains are right there at the airport, which will put you only 10 miles from the port. I believe a lot of them have shuttles to the port.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn which was very nice and clean. Plus there are three restaurants right across the parking lot so no worries for dinner. And Hampton had a complimentary breakfast.

I do hope you enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned to Texas from Jacksonville. I cruised the Fascination 01/30 through 02/04. I took the advice of GTO-Girl and booked a room at the Hampton Inn. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for lodging.

I called them upon arrival to the airport, we were picked up by the shuttle within about 10 minutes. The room was nice and comfortable. We had not had lunch or breakfast upon arrival. The hotel manager suggested the Longhorn Steakhouse in the same parking lot. The food was great and we received a 10% discount by showing our room key. The breakfast provided by the hotel was good as well.

The following morning, we had plenty of time to spare. The shuttle took us to Walmart and picked us up when were done shopping. The shuttle is free and will take you anywhere within 2 or so miles of the hotel. (of course we tipped the driver)

I will also add that we stayed at the Microtel when we returned. I booked there because the prices was about $30 cheaper. I would not recommend Microtel. The room was nice but the walls are thin. The other guest were loud. The staff was not near as nice as Hampton.