Emerald Sail Away

graphicgal

What is your favorite place on the Emerald for a sail away celebration? We're going with a party of 8 out of Ft. Lauderdale for the 5-day. Some in the group have never been on a cruise before and we'd like the sail away to be special.

What is your favorite place on the Emerald for a sail away celebration? We're going with a party of 8 out of Ft. Lauderdale for the 5-day. Some in the group have never been on a cruise before and we'd like the sail away to be special.

Skywalkers or forward deck 8 upper Promenade.

Thank you. Do you know if the upper Promenade is accessible from deck 8 or do we have to go via deck 7 and walk forward?

Deck 7 forward and up the stairs or......

Yes there are doors on either side of the ship. Just walk all the way forward on Deck 8. At the end turn left and out the door on the port side or right and out the door on the Starboard side. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Tradewinds Bar....deck above the main pool area. This is where the excitement is....Dancing, singing, the ships video people. For first time cruisers this is a fun time. IMHO watching the ship leave the harbor is ok--after more cruises under your belt. The first Sailaway is just fun from the deck overlooking the main pool. You'll see and enjoy everything from there.

its why they all it the Sailaway party.

This IMHO Only......enjoy.

There are lots of nice viewing locations from the Promenade Deck all the way up to an inside seat in Skywalker's. Everybody has their own favorite. But if you are a lively group that enjoy access to a tropical drink or brew, live music, line and other dancing, gather around Neptune's Reef pool and the Tradewind's Bar on the deck above it. This is where the "action" is, especially for first timers, and this is where you can walk around and get 360 degree views of the sail away.

Tradewind's Bar on the deck above it. This is where the "action" is, especially for first timers, and this is where you can walk around and get 360 degree views of the sail away.

Agree the deck above the pool. This is where it's best to see the actual sailaway especially the port side passing the condos.

For a first cruise, definitely the Tradewinds Bar area above the pool. That's where the action is. Plus, between now and then, have them watch sailaways on the Port Everglades webcam: that'll get them all excited about their cruise and also make sailaway more fun when it's their turn (before I knew of the webcam, I had no idea why everyone was on the port side and waving at a condo building!).

There are lots of nice viewing locations from the Promenade Deck all the way up to an inside seat in Skywalker's. Everybody has their own favorite. But if you are a lively group that enjoy access to a tropical drink or brew, live music, line and other dancing, gather around Neptune's Reef pool and the Tradewind's Bar on the deck above it. This is where the "action" is, especially for first timers, and this is where you can walk around and get 360 degree views of the sail away.

Heard that mentioned someplace :)

The Sailaway party--I never get tired of it.

My favorite moment is when I realize we are moving away from the dock....let the fun begin.

For a first cruise, definitely the Tradewinds Bar area above the pool. That's where the action is. Plus, between now and then, have them watch sailaways on the Port Everglades webcam: that'll get them all excited about their cruise and also make sailaway more fun when it's their turn (before I knew of the webcam, I had no idea why everyone was on the port side and waving at a condo building!).

Thank you, rdsqul. This may be the best location for the sail away. Do you have a web link for the port cam?

My favorite place for sailaway is the Outrigger Bar, which is all the way aft on the Lido deck. It's outdoors and overlooks the aft pool, and there's plenty of space at the all-the-way aft railing for you and your friends. The views are great, and with the bar right there, you can walk up to it and order a beverage to toast sailaway.

I personally prefer that over the Tradewinds bar area because of the crowd and the noise there. But maybe that's what you are looking for!

Forward deck 14 or up on the sun decks, either one on the port (left side of the ship ). If you have a balcony, and its on the port side, we have often done our sail away their as well.

The locals who own condos on the port side of the channel often are out in full force giving each ship a send off.

If you want a video of your departure, go to the ft Lauderdale port web cam. They video every ship as it make it turn into the main channel, then out to sea.

If you let them know where you will be and how they can find you (people bring posters or banners )they will zoom in on your group. The cost of the down load last year was 9.95.

To get a sense of this, if you have the time, go to site prior to your sailing and you can watch any of the ships depart.

Hope this helps

cheers