Saphire or Coki Beach?

BiXLL

After reading my favorite excursion reviewer on the site (Mitsugirily)I believe I want to visit one of the 2. We love to snorkel and by the pics I have seen Coki is awesome! I am wondering which of the 2 is going to have better facilities so far as food and drink, rest rooms etc. which would give the better experience?

We have stayed at Sapphire this week, and made a trip to Coki one day.

The facilities for day trippers are better at Coki. There is one food vendor at Sapphire. The snorkeling this week has been much better at Coki because of the east winds that have been blowing. The water at Sapphire has had a lot of stirred up sand. Coki is more protected. Sapphire has natural shade, and Coki has umbrellas.

Both will be very crowded as ships use both places for excursions. The two days this week that there were 4 ships in port you couldn't walk on the public portion of Sapphire one day and the second day when we went to Coki it was just as bad.

Edited by zqvol

Both will be very crowded as ships use both places for excursions. The two days this week that there were 4 ships in port you couldn't walk on the public portion of Sapphire one day and the second day when we went to Coki it was just as bad.

This is what is concerning me! Maybe we should do something besides beach day here, we are only ship in port at St. Martin. Is the snorkeling good there?

Edited by BiXLL

This is what is concerning me! Maybe we should do something besides beach day here, we are only ship in port at St. Martin. Is the snorkeling good there?

It's been years since I snorkeled at St. Martin. When I did it was at Pineal Island. Great snorkel, but a long swim, say lots of turtles and rays.

We're trying to decide as well between Coki and Sapphire. There will be 4 ships in port the day we are there, about 13000 passengers! Maybe if we hit the beach earlier, then sight see and shop later we'd be luckier in terms of crowds???

We're trying to decide as well between Coki and Sapphire. There will be 4 ships in port the day we are there, about 13000 passengers! Maybe if we hit the beach earlier, then sight see and shop later we'd be luckier in terms of crowds???

Not really - Coki and Magens are going to be swamped. Sapphire would definitely be our choice. When we rent there it's never as busy as the other beaches, even on big ship days. There will be several people around the dive center and swimming beach, but the snorkeling and the natural shade along the shore are to the right.

Not really - Coki and Magens are going to be swamped. Sapphire would definitely be our choice. When we rent there it's never as busy as the other beaches, even on big ship days. There will be several people around the dive center and swimming beach, but the snorkeling and the natural shade along the shore are to the right.

Thank you Blue_water. Any suggestions of who we could get to give us a tour of the island as well? We'll be in Port from 8am-6pm, and the tour company I contacted (Brenda and Franco) don't start any tours until 11...which is just wasted time in my opinion.

We used Stanley Coram who is a taxi driver that also works at the Secret Harbour Resort. He gives private and shared tours, a real gentleman and great guide.

(340)690-4544 or email the SH resort.

Dean's Taxi is also recommended by others, we've not had the pleasure...

We're trying to decide between taking a half day sailboat snorkel or do snorkeling from the shore. One reason I like boat is safe place for valuables, etc and you don't have to keep up with waterproof pouch if off beach.

I have heard of people having towels/clothes stolen off beaches while they were in water. Is something like that a problem at Coki or Sapphire?

Also, which beach would b best probability to see sea turtles.