Port Canaveral Hotel Review International Palms

Bgerrish83

Thats what I heard after booking. I have called them and expressed my concern and have upgraded our room to a newly renovated cabana. Every where you look has mixed reviews and some people are much more high end and and others much lower end. I guess we will see when we arrive and will decide from there but we wanted something right on the beach.

Thats what I heard after booking. I have called them and expressed my concern and have upgraded our room to a newly renovated cabana. Every where you look has mixed reviews and some people are much more high end and and others much lower end. I guess we will see when we arrive and will decide from there but we wanted something right on the beach.

Look at Doubletree and Hilton. Don't reccomend a wait and see attitude or you may not find a replacement

Edited by John&LaLa

I am booked for one night next month and had same concerns. I called hotel directly and requested a renovated room after I voiced my concerns. Staff I spoke to very kind and had no issues with my request. It's one night and we aren't overly tough to please.

• 2 months later...

I was looking at this hotel for Oct and scared from man of the reviews. Just wondering if there is any new information or if anyone has stayed. We are a family of 7 and hoping to get one suite like room if possible. Though my oldest son and his GF and son could get there own room but we are trying to stay on a budget if possible. We are staying 2 days pre cruise.

I was looking at this hotel for Oct and scared from man of the reviews. Just wondering if there is any new information or if anyone has stayed. We are a family of 7 and hoping to get one suite like room if possible. Though my oldest son and his GF and son could get there own room but we are trying to stay on a budget if possible. We are staying 2 days pre cruise.

I do not know resort hotels in the area that can place 7 in one room - but I am not an authority on large families! Many will do 6 I do know.

International Palms renovated their beach front block so ask for that block to be sure about a newer room.

Suite rooms (in the renovated beach front block) have 1 bedroom and a lounge area with the best views and private balconies. See my photos here.

The other rooms have limited views and share a walkway (no balconies) so people walk in front of your room which I am not a fan off.

Here is one pic

d8b2c049f83d314b7f4448068c068be4?AccessKeyId=48967324A3B30B96693E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thank Joe... did you stay there? Any opinions on the resort in general not just the rooms?

We can do 2 rooms and that will be fine as well. I was looking at some Condo like places at the Holiday Inn Club ... which I guess is the old Ron Jons?

I would suggest finding another place to stay.

I have lived in Brevard since 1964, and the (now) International Palms occupies a complex that has been near and dear to many of us for decades. Originally, it was a top-end Ramada Inn during the beginning of the Space Program, and later a very well-kept Holiday Inn for 30+ years. Astronauts' families stayed in these rooms and the annual US Space Congress was hosted there for 25 years.

Unfortunately, the rooms are now sub-standard (i.e., still using wall-mounted A/C units) and the new owners seem to be struggling just to keep the place within code. The place was nearly blown down in the FL 2004 hurricanes, but only the roofs were replaced. I would mourn the full knock-down of this complex, and lots of happy memories, but I know that it should be done.

Sorry for the long reply, but I would HIGHLY recommend a brand new suite hotel in Cape Canaveral that does not even open until May 2016!

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/homewood-suites-by-hilton-cape-canaveral-cocoa-beach-MLBCBHW/index.html

I travel a lot and always pick Homewood Suites, if available. Each suite has a full-size fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, free daily breakfast, +free Happy Hour and light dinner on weekdays.

The new Cape Canaveral location is now taking reservations for future months.

We stayed in February for one night. The staff and Mambo' s, their ocean view restaurant, were fantastic. The rooms were not too nice. If I were staying more than a night or two, I would go elsewhere. We had a really great rate and spent little time in the room as the weather was beautiful. The pool area is also nice...and big.

We are heading to Orlando for a summer trip and thought of spending a couple days beachside. One p lace I found that looked relatively nice and reasonable was The Resort on Cocoa Beach. I have read great reviews if that helps!!

Good luck.

We stayed in February for one night. The staff and Mambo' s, their ocean view restaurant, were fantastic. The rooms were not too nice. If I were staying more than a night or two, I would go elsewhere. We had a really great rate and spent little time in the room as the weather was beautiful. The pool area is also nice...and big.

We are heading to Orlando for a summer trip and thought of spending a couple days beachside. One p lace I found that looked relatively nice and reasonable was The Resort on Cocoa Beach. I have read great reviews if that helps!!

Good luck.

Great beach access, nosy neighbors. [emoji6]

f9f504e8150eb520cdc2824d5509aa20.jpg

36994d909584fef3af1ec5150352cfaa.jpg

3732ffe06993a327182f87532ade1052.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long reply, but I would HIGHLY recommend a brand new suite hotel in Cape Canaveral that does not even open until May 2016!

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/homewood-suites-by-hilton-cape-canaveral-cocoa-beach-MLBCBHW/index.html

I travel a lot and always pick Homewood Suites, if available. Each suite has a full-size fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, free daily breakfast, +free Happy Hour and light dinner on weekdays.

The new Cape Canaveral location is now taking reservations for future months.

I just looked and all the rooms for family of four are over $200/night. Too costly for us to stay four nights in November. I'm sure this is a very nice place to stay -- is this typical price?