Transfer to Eurostar from Southampton how much time is required?

We will be disembarking from Celebrity Eclipse after a 12 day Baltic Cruise on Friday 26th August. The ship arrives at 5.30am and I think we would be able to disembark after 7.30am. We will be booking a private transport to transport us to St Pancreas to catch the Eurostar to Brussels on the same day. As I will need to book the Eurostar in the next month, can anyone advise what is the earliest boarding time I can book? I would like to book the 12.58pm train but I am concerned that I am not leaving sufficient time to disembark, pick up our bags, the drive from Southampton to London and then check in and board the Eurostar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance

The drive from Southampton to St Pancras (watch out for your spell-checker) is about two hours minimum, plus you need about 45 minutes to check in at the station.

If you can leave at 8am or thereabouts, I would think that you will have plenty of time to catch a 12:58 train, even if there are some traffic holdups along the way. In fact, you should have enough time for a leisurely lunch and a good look round at this magnificent and beautifully restored "cathedral of the railways".

46702-640x360-st-pancras-station_edit_ns.jpg

Edited by Bob++

No worries :cool:

Unassisted disembarkation is normally about 7am, first tranche of regular disembarkation is usually 7.30, the last around 9am.

Even if you're allocated a 9am slot you should have no problem, and the later you leave it the easier the traffic.

Expect a drive time of up to 2hrs 30 minutes, so if you want to check-in their minimum recommended 45 minutes before your train you need to leave by 9.45 am.

You'll not want to leave it that late, you'll want some wiggle time for delays - but Bob's 8am would give you plenty.

If you aim to disembark at 8am with a car booked for 8.15 but Celebrity allocate you a later slot, you can ask for an earlier slot but you might have to tell them a little white lie - "we're booked on Eurostar for 11.30" ;)

JB :)

Just adding this for completeness, but you could get the train from Southampton (£7 cab ride or walk in 10-15 mins) to Waterloo (1hr 20mins @£40.50 each) at 0930 and still have plenty of time to grab a black cab to St Pancras (about £15)...so about £100 total...just so you know.

Simon

Thank you all for your responses you have put my mind at ease that I can book the earlier train. Bob I saw that I had spelt Pancras incorrect but I was hoping no one would pick it up [emoji4] and I showed my husband the photo and he has watched a documentary on how they renovated the beautiful station and he is looking forward to seeing it! Thank you all again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by sonia2509

The amount of time allowed may be enough, but bare in mind you will be travelling in peak times and even off peak, I think 2 hours from Southampton to St Pancras is optimistic. Traffic in London can get pretty bad.

You have allowed 2 hours make up time if you get going at 8.

I'd say you've given yourself enough, but personally I'd give a little more just to be safe.

I'd offer to pick you up - but we depart from Barcelona on that day! lol