Oceanview on hump?

kbset

The "hump" is that area around mid-ship that gives you an extended view forward and aft - it's really a nice feature. The rooms are indeed slightly larger, along with the balcony. The downside is that it's a high traffic area due to its location by the stairs and elevators.

The "hump" is that area around mid-ship that gives you an extended view forward and aft - it's really a nice feature. The rooms are indeed slightly larger, along with the balcony. The downside is that it's a high traffic area due to its location by the stairs and elevators.

The point is: Empress doesn't have one. :)

I don't think there are any balcony rooms on the Empress, are there ? I though that the only balconies were on the Jr, Owners and Royal Suites.

You are correct that there are no "E" or "D" category staterooms on the Empress. Like Sovereign class ships, you have to go up to JS to get the balcony and a cabin the SIZE of a D category. ;)

I don't think there are any balcony rooms on the Empress, are there ? I though that the only balconies were on the Jr, Owners and Royal Suites.

When I called they said that the Oceanview cabins near the "hump" "bump" or whatever you want to call it ;) are actually balcony cabins.

When I called they said that the Oceanview cabins near the "hump" "bump" or whatever you want to call it ;) are actually balcony cabins.

Nope. All oceanview.

Look at the deck plans and read the legend.

ne_deck07_v2016_mar.gif

(you'll have to visit the webpage to read the legend)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=MR&shipCode=NE&shipProfile=1716&sailDate=1160330&hasNavigation=false

Look at a standard booking page. Like Sovereign class, there is no balcony cabin photo or link.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/booking?hasSenior=N&hasFireandPolice=N&accessCabin=FALSE&cruiseType=CO&sailDate=2016-05-05&selectedCurrencyCode=USD&shipCode=NE&hasMilitary=N&packageCode=NE04S129

That's exactly what I saw and we mentioned to the guy on the phone when we were booking that it's not saying it's a balcony, that it's saying it's an oceanview and he kept saying that in his computer it was showing it as a balcony....unless he was looking at something else, who knows. Some of the people we talk to from Royal aren't the brightest we've noticed unfortunately, so maybe he was wrong. Either way, thankfully it won't affect us as we have an Oceanview (not the one on the "hump")