What can this mean?

gisnered

Accenture is taking over and doing a complete IT coordination both internally and for the web site. Accenture stated they actually are doing a complete top to bottom redo and it will take some time to complete. Guess that means we are not the only ones who know it X website doesn't work very well.

What they left out is the expected completion date! Probably 2023 or later.

In 2015, when we would call Celebrity about problems with the website, the agent would reply that they were planning to install a new system sometime next year.

At the time, we had no way of knowing whether it was really true or if they were just told to say that to placate the complaining customers. ;)

Let's just hope this Accenture company is using people trained and experienced in functional web design this time,

rather than putting the emphasis on artistic appearance and slick marketing, as was done the last time.

It is kind of a red flag seeing terms like "market-leading capability across design and innovation"

as I would much prefer a sound, plain vanilla website that functions correctly, based on traditional, tested system design and development practices (such as using the old KISS principle).

They went for "innovation" with attractive graphics and marketing gimmicks the last time,

and we see what kind of system they got. :eek:

From a positive viewpoint though, any new system they come up with is bound to be better than the one they have now. ;)

Edited by fleckle

Having worked in IT for 45 years I can honestly say Accenture (and the same company under prior names) never impressed me at all except with the size of their bills. There will have to be more cutbacks to pay for these guys!

On the positive side - I don't think they can make the web site any worse!