Cruise Elegant nights not always on sea days?

LEXIpoo

I was just reading a post and noticed that for the same itinerary I'll be on in March (6 days, Western, Carnival Breeze) one of the cruise elegant nights were during a port day. Can anyone confirm if that is the norm for this itinerary? Cause if so I have a lot of rearranging to do *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, we did that itinerary in 2014 and the second elegant night was Grand Cayman. It wasn't bad at all since the ship departs the port at 4. We liked this itinerary so much that we're doing it again - I think we're on the same sailing!

Yes we are! I guess I coulda asked this question in the Roll Call lol.

I'm just annoyed b/c I thought the second elegant night was gonna be on the last sea day (my birthday) so I was using that as an excuse to buy a really nice bday dress LOL. AND I booked a table for 16 at the steakhouse for the day we're in the Grand Cayman port...hopefully they'll let me switch it around.

I'm just annoyed b/c I thought the second elegant night was gonna be on the last sea day (my birthday) so I was using that as an excuse to buy a really nice bday dress LOL. AND I booked a table for 16 at the steakhouse for the day we're in the Grand Cayman port...hopefully they'll let me switch it around.

Wear the birthday dress to the steakhouse.

Whenever we have had cruise elegant nights on a port day it has been a port that we departed around 4pm, not one of the ports where the ship stayed until 6pm. We have had the elegant nights right after leaving Cozumel and Belize on some itineraries, especially where the 2 sea days were at the front end of the cruise.

I guess I am missing something, why do you need the cruise line to tell you its an elegant night to wear a nice dress. If you want to wear it on your birthday, why don't you do it. As far as I know there is no rule about being dressed up on non elegant nights.

I guess I am missing something, why do you need the cruise line to tell you its an elegant night to wear a nice dress. If you want to wear it on your birthday, why don't you do it. As far as I know there is no rule about being dressed up on non elegant nights.

You definitely are missing something.

I'm wearing a nice dress on my birthday regardless. It's a matter of where. Since the elegant night is not on my birthday like I originally thought I won't be wearing it in the MDR, I will be going to the steakhouse and wearing it there.