Cigars available on Breakaway?

New_Cruiser_2009

I brought a travel humidor with me. I didn't have any problems. It will probably save you a lot of money, despite the availability of cigars on the ship.

They had a small selection on the Star. If you enjoy boutique brands, or anything a bit different don't plan on seeing them on the cruise.

There was one Davidoff, Ashton, Macanudo, R & Y, Aurora. I am sure they were sold at a premium.

My advice is to bring your travel humidor. You can always buy one or two on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely bringing my own smokes. Might try to find a reputable shop in Bermuda for a Cohiba. Not like in Cozumel with so many counterfeit sticks. On board prices are too high. Remember, it is not like a regular cigar lounge where etiquette dictates you buy one from the house.

...Remember, it is not like a regular cigar lounge where etiquette dictates you buy one from the house.

Exactly.

On the 4 cruises where I've been in the cigar lounge I've never seen anyone buy one. Mind you I only go in for one every couple of nights, but still have never seen one purchased.

Hi all aficionados,

I'm wondering what cigars they sell on the Breakaway and how much are they? I'm trying to decide if I should bring my own. I like to smoke one every night or every other night and going on 14 days.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Yeah... just bring your own. It's a no-brainer. Why give them the markup

Absolutely bringing my own smokes. Might try to find a reputable shop in Bermuda for a Cohiba. Not like in Cozumel with so many counterfeit sticks. On board prices are too high. Remember, it is not like a regular cigar lounge where etiquette dictates you buy one from the house.

There is a La Casa de Habana in Cozumel, where you can get legit Cuban cigars. It's downtown.

Enjoyed smoking almost one a day in the cigar lounge on Breakaway this past September. Plan on doing the same in 12 days on the Escape :). BTW the cigar lounge is 8th deck center starboard, adjacent to the Maltings Bar.

The humidor (located at the entrance to the lounge) had a decent variety of smokes (10+ labels), and appeared to be well kept. I saw people buying cigars each day from the humi, and never saw anyone who was disappointed in the storage quality of the smoke. I thought the mark-up cost for the cigars was reasonable considering you are away at sea. My 2 cents, you'll be fine buying on the ship if you only plan to smoke 1 or 2, unless you must have a certain brand/style. If you plan to smoke regularly while on your cruise, bring them from home and save yourself some money. And a sealed zip-lock bag is all you need for 1 week of storage, although I bring mine in a travel humidor since having cigar swag is half the fun of being a BOTL!

There is 1 large screen TV in the lounge, and unlike many cigar lounges has large windows looking out to the outside deck, so it is not like you are in a cave! Also, excellent waitress service inside the lounge for the bar that is located adjacent to the lounge. If you have the UDP, well the Woodford Reserve and JW Gold went down far too easy with my smokes! Expect the room to be smokey if crowded. Was never too crowded, except the last day of the cruise when weather caused most outside decks to be closed and forced the cigarette smokers inside the lounge. As I have found across many venues all over the world, cigars smokers are a friendly bunch and I enjoyed some fun conversations while sitting in the lounge!

Finally, as per Bermuda and CC, if you want certified Cuban cigars you'll need to take the ferry over to Hamilton and visit Chatham House on Front Street, 4 blocks or so from where the ferry stops (authorized Habanos SA retailer ). Prices were as expected (which means expensive), but a good selection and are legit CC. Let's just say I found it worthwhile to fill some of the open slots in my travel humidor with a purchase from Chatham House. Yes, you see a few Cuban cigars in all the tourist shops on the pier, but no guarantee on how they have been stored and take the great chance they are donkey turds and not hand rolled CC.

Have Fun! Regards, Ken.