Bottled Water

Shaned122

I am going on the Jade cruise on Jan 23rd and I have the Adult Ultimate Beverage Package and was wondering if bottled water is included on this?

If it is not what is the policy on taking bottled water aboard in addition to your carry on?

Thanks!

What is and isn't included:

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

No problem bringing your own water on board.

I think it depends on the port, but we were on the Pride of America last month and brought an entire case of bottled water on board. Didn't even have to carry it on ourselves. I had printed a luggage tag on a full-sheet label & just stuck that onto the shrink wrap. It went through with the rest of our luggage and was delivered to our cabin.

I think it depends on the port, but we were on the Pride of America last month and brought an entire case of bottled water on board. Didn't even have to carry it on ourselves. I had printed a luggage tag on a full-sheet label & just stuck that onto the shrink wrap. It went through with the rest of our luggage and was delivered to our cabin.

Good idea! It's at least worth a try!

We took 2 zippered Ikea bags (not the big blue ones ---they have other grocery style zippered bags) with us that we packed at home. One in each carry on, then purchased our liquids when we arrived at our destination. In it, we included the water and attached an extra luggage tag. The bag was delivered to our cabin.

It's pretty lame that bottled water isn't included in the drink package, but you can get water from any bartender (in a glass). You can carry on or check bottled water (and various sodas, juices, mixers, etc. as long as it's non-alcoholic). It should be sealed and in its original packaging. You can also carry on powdered mixes, such as Kool-aid or Crystal Light. We carried on our own Brita filtered water bottles to refill with ship tap in the stateroom. You can also fill these at the various water stations (think buffet), but not directly; fill a glass and then pour it into your bottle.

I'm thinking about buying a reusable water bottle with a filter and just filtering the ships water. Any opinions on that?

It sure does work. We actually purchase a Brita water jug with filter once we arrive at our pre-cruise destination (so that we don't have to take it on the airplane) for less that $20. Just fill it from your cabin's bathroom faucet, and you'll have as much filtered water as you want all week. :)

Peg

It would be nice to have water included in the UBP. We like to take a bottle of water with us in port but I can always run into a store and purchase water. If you do not bring your "special water" onboard you have to purchase Aquafina onboard at a really high mark-up. Carnival (no brand name imprinted on the label - Dasani my guess because it is Coca Cola products) is $2.99 for 12 bottles. If only NCL would offer cases of water at a reasonable price. $49.14 for a 12-pack of water?:eek:

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

The ship's water is fine to drink and is what you're drinking in the ice cubes and water served in the dining rooms.

Bring a water bottle of your own and fill with ice from the ice bucket or from the water place in the buffet. No hassle and a lot less to carry onboard

I love that idea. The brita filter. Also, we have our hydro flasks we use at home. Do I understand these are discouraged on ship? We haven't been on a cruise in 12 years but are going with our 8 and 11 years old this year and hope to go on many more. We were planning to bring our water bottles and fill them up in the buffet or wherever. We wash them every day for our own sake as much as anyone else's. I've read on these boards that NCL discourages them because of germs. But I'd be willing to just fill glass after glass up with water and dump them into the bottle vs using the dispenser straight into the bottle.