MyThomsonCruise

Hi - First time with Thomson - due to destination choice. We have been with Fred Olsen ,P&O Carnival HAL and Hurtigruten.

My query is regarding the booking experience and the MyThomsonCruise

"Unfortunately MyThomsonCruise is currently not accessible. However, all customer's who are flying can visit flightextras.thomson.co.uk

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We're working on bringing you an even better experience, and will be in touch as soon as it's ready."

It has said that for months!! and still remains on the main cruise page as a Reason to Choose Thomson Cruises.

Just getting a booking number was difficult initally given a ****/****** style number which didnt work anywhere then after 2 emails complaining (one of which was headed Worst Website ever.) a shorter number which ONLY seems to work on the flight extras page.

The Documentations says in several places Transfers are NOT included

then at the bottom it says something like Ignore any references to Transfers not being included. Why on earth they couldnt just delete the *NOT" from the various places is beyond me.

I am just wondering what other Thomson Cruisers experience has been

has it just gone worse or has it always been like this.

By comparison, last week we booked a cruise with HAL via an agent and the next day,although we had nothing from the agent the booking was there on the HAL website with cabin number and all our details.

The Thomson idea of allocating of a cabin number when you get to the airport I find very unsettling. I can only assume its so that if you dont like it

and havent been prepared to pay to reserve it,( Didnt even spot you could do that until recently) then its too late to do anything about it.

Also didnt spot the lack of toiletries - do you really have to take your own shower gel!! and seasick pills £1 each!! Never been sick before but there has to be a first time - perhaps at reception just to prove a point.;)

Edited by Aulanis
seasick pills

Hi Aulanis as regulars we have probably become complacent with the Thomson UK set up which falls, IMO, well short or the cruise experience once on board, the booking ref you are referring to is one supplied from the TA which is different to the Thomson one:rolleyes:sorry don't know why we actually have three for our next cruise. I can confirm that transfers are included and another thing you may not have realised is that you receive 7kg hand luggage but sometime you may be stopped if over 5kg just call the rep and they sort it. We have been on a lot of cruises with them and would not go if we were not happy with the package, and we are particular with what we like.

I can fully understand your frustration, which we all have had, but am certain you will have a great time.:)

No you don't have to provide your own toiletries - shower gel/shampoo are provided.

The shower gel and shampoo that is provided is out of a dispenser on the wall We took our own.

The biggest shock you will have , not for the cost, but it is not done anywhere else is paying for a safe !!!

We have just been on our first after 10 on different operators.

There were some good thing. Being able to keep your cabin on on the last day. Some friendly passengers etc but you will find a vast difference to other cruise lines.

however we enjoyed ourselves but don't expect the product you get elsewhere

Hi- thanks to all for the replies. Think its established we dont need to take showergel - may take a small amount to have a change.

At least I am not alone in thinking the Thomson pre cruise arrangements are poor and am bouyed by the fact that no-one so far has said the cruise will be worse than the arrangements:) and to be honest we do expect it to be not as good as those we have had on bigger/newer ships, but maybe on a par with Fred Olsen, which we enjoyed greatly.

Its just down to what you make of it.

@jaxw17 Safe - Thanks for the tip- never used one in 40odd years of travel all over the world only got stung once " lost" £40 in a morrocan hotel.

@Pensioncruiser - Yes Three ref numbers and no TA involved - booked direct on line with Thomson - Excuse was again their "upgraded super booking system" so from day 3 I wasnt at ease and it was not helped by the long list of things you couldnt do if you booked after xxxxxx but before yyyyy or booked before yyyyyy but didnt sail until after zzzzzzz and if it was a wwwwww booking then something else.

Just booked my second cruise with Thompson. The choice was completely based on my cruise with them last year. I was very impressed friendly staff excellent food. everything went smoothly. The booking experience was also good. Had no issues I was offered excursions, choice of cabins, drinks package. Everything was explained and clearly priced. I paid £40 to choose my cabin on the Thompson Spirit. The reason being is I opted for an outside cabin last year on the now de-commissioned Island escape. All I could see see was a life boat crane!!

Our second cruise too, all booked in the shop, which I think helped. Booked our room in advance because of view and proximity to noisy areas (lifts, dance music etc). Would suggest you only book excursions that your 'really' want since others suggest they are cheaper at the destination, maybe wise to check first?

We too had problems with the web access, although if we clicked on the API info we could then by some miracle go through to the My Booking info page !

This proved to be very good because then I could see what had actually been sent through to the main booking department which my travel agent had forgotten to do !! (Not sure I will book through a Thomson shop again which is a shame for local jobs...)

However, from the airport onwards we encountered nothing but helpfulness and easiness!! Everything was sorted and everyone more than friendly and happy which goes a long way!

Hi Katomerikaf tried that couldn't get it to work just keeps throwing up the 'booking in ' page did try 'my booking' info page which was available but only to online bookings which is different to last time I tried it.

Still not received tickets and only four weeks to go but they did say they no longer send them out although I understand some cruisers are still receiving them but that's Thomson:rolleyes:

Going on Thomson Majesty as solo traveller 24 May to 7 June (back to back rather than week in hotel. Anybody booked for this. My first time with Thomson so a bit anxious. Have had many cruises with other cruise lines. Some info would be appreciated.

Still not received tickets and only four weeks to go but they did say they no longer send them out although I understand some cruisers are still receiving them but that's Thomson:rolleyes:

We go on the 16/2 and received an email on 19/1 which was headed up as an Eticket but not like any other I have seen - not even a barcode.

I suspect they will not need to see it as hopefully we will have printed off boarding cards.

On the 20th we received yet another booking amendment and new atol

but so far I cannot find anything on it that changed. They all still say several times that transfers are not included and then say to ignore that!! I will have to get them up on 2 separate screens and go through them - Im not wasting paper and ink printing them.

I couldnt get any further from the API page and didnt find My Booking

any use- wouldnt accept any of my ref numbers so I suspect it is for online bookings for land based holidays only.

Edited by Aulanis

Going on Thomson Majesty as solo traveller 24 May to 7 June (back to back rather than week in hotel. Anybody booked for this. My first time with Thomson so a bit anxious. Have had many cruises with other cruise lines. Some info would be appreciated.

Not sure why you have posted in this thread, which was just a cricicism of the online booking and the website , but hopefully you will get some assistance from the dedicated Thomsonites.

Recent reviews dont look great - if you have not read them look here:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=669

REMEMBER Think on the number of travellers who have not commented

compared with the few who have - it usually suggests many thousands

have thought it to be at least OK enough not to comment.

Best to go with an open mind and go enjoy it.

Hi - First time with Thomson - due to destination choice. We have been with Fred Olsen ,P&O Carnival HAL and Hurtigruten.

My query is regarding the booking experience and the MyThomsonCruise

"Unfortunately MyThomsonCruise is currently not accessible. However, all customer's who are flying can visit flightextras.thomson.co.uk

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We're working on bringing you an even better experience, and will be in touch as soon as it's ready."

It has said that for months!! and still remains on the main cruise page as a Reason to Choose Thomson Cruises.

Just getting a booking number was difficult initally given a ****/****** style number which didnt work anywhere then after 2 emails complaining (one of which was headed Worst Website ever.) a shorter number which ONLY seems to work on the flight extras page.

The Documentations says in several places Transfers are NOT included

then at the bottom it says something like Ignore any references to Transfers not being included. Why on earth they couldnt just delete the *NOT" from the various places is beyond me.

I am just wondering what other Thomson Cruisers experience has been

has it just gone worse or has it always been like this.

By comparison, last week we booked a cruise with HAL via an agent and the next day,although we had nothing from the agent the booking was there on the HAL website with cabin number and all our details.

The Thomson idea of allocating of a cabin number when you get to the airport I find very unsettling. I can only assume its so that if you dont like it

and havent been prepared to pay to reserve it,( Didnt even spot you could do that until recently) then its too late to do anything about it.

Also didnt spot the lack of toiletries - do you really have to take your own shower gel!! and seasick pills £1 each!! Never been sick before but there has to be a first time - perhaps at reception just to prove a point.;)[/quote

Your right even a simple thing like allocating plane seats is a farce 90 days before your return even Ryan Air and Easy Jet have that facility

Sorry about above still finding my way round.

I was going to say that all of the Thompson WEB sites need updating to fall in line with most other air travel companies. You cannot book a seat until 90 days before you return although you pay upfront, you have next to no options on My Thompson so are unable to do basic things like pick a cabin