How different is IOS?

suamom

We are sailing on the Independence of the Seas on Feb 8. We have sailed her sister ships in the past. Liberty is our absolute fave and we have sailed her twice. We have sailed the Freedom once and have to say it was my least favorite Royal cruise (out of 17 Royal cruises) ever due to a lot of mess ups and the crew not being friendly or accommodating.

We are excited to sail IOS. My husband's goal is to do all the RCCI ships :D

I am wondering how different IOS is from Liberty and Freedom. I read several threads with people stating they did not like the feel of IOS. That is it very different from the two sister ships. What is different? What are the differences that we will notice?

Your thoughts?

We sailed Indy last February, and loved it. We found it to be pretty much identical to Freedom, other than it did not have the DreamWorks program. Our service was excellent. I would sail Indy again in a heartbeat.

We have cruised on all 3 Freedom class trips. My favourite is Freedom as we had great service, good food, overall a great time. We cruised on Indy back in September. Our cabin attendant was not very good but everything else on the cruise was very good. We would cruise on Indy again if the price and itinerary was what we were looking for.

Sailed the IOS this past Dec. Disappointed after sailing LOS twice. No promenade parade or characters, shrimp cocktail only served now 2 out of the 5 days in MDR and the WJ selections poor. Cancelled this Feb. 4 day IOS and booked the Oasis for next month which will be our 41 cruise. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the the experience twice while on the Allure, or could it be the little cut backs here and there, price increases while fuel is at all time lows and future oil prices hedged . Still our favorite cruise line of the 8 or 9 we have sailed.