HEEELLLLP! NCL Jade vs Carnival Freedom vs RCL Liberty

ranger2131

I need help. We want to take our in-laws on their first cruise in at the end of February. We have 3 kids (9,11,13) and did a RCL cruise on Navigator of the Seas 2 years ago. We really enjoyed it. However, right now NCL Jade is MUCH cheaper (kids sail free) and carnival is a bit cheaper. Question, is RCL Liberty of the Seas worth the extra cost? It has WAY more for the kids (especially after current dry dock), but quite a bit more. I'll take any opinions from those who have sailed different companies.

Thanks!

We loved RCI Liberty... sailed her twice (once with kids, once without) and looks like it's going to be even more amazing after dry dock. It's a big step up from navigator with more stuff for the kids to do, dreamworks, etc. I haven't sailed on the others so I can't compare but highly recommend RCI Liberty!

Don't know about the other two but for a First Cruise, I wouldn't take the Jade.

Nothing inherently wrong with the Jade but when we sailed her in February she just seemed tired and in need of a refresh. All the dusty Hawaiian decorations felt out of place, the seats in the theatre were lumpy, the restaurants needed paint, floors were cracked in the buffet, etc.

None of these would stop me from cruising such a ship. Even collectively, they're no big deal. But there was no "wow!" factor to the ship, so it might not meet a first timer's expectations.

Pick a ship just out of drydock if possible.