Carnival magic - High tea and Suess at Sea

Daycare_98

Anyone recently back who participated in High tea or had breakfast with Dr Suess. We will be on the Magic in Febraury and would love to do both. Looking for which days they may have been held. We are doing the Cozumel, Belize, Honduras route. Thanks in Advance

When we did the Suess at Sea breakfast on the Sunshine it was held the last Sea Day on the ship. They had 2 different times to go. We went to the early one and it lasted about as long as the Sea Day Brunch does. The characters came out near the end of our breakfast for picture opts. We really enjoyed it and was glad we attended.

Suess at sea includes a story telling time in the aft comedy spotlight lounge followed by a Suess character parade to the forward Showtime Theatre.

As was stated the Suess Breakfast is held in the aft Main dining room, (at least it was on the breeze) its was $5 per person and was wonderful.

I think it was at 8:30 and 10:15 or 45? Two seatings, we went to 8:30 on the Breeze and will do it again on Magic.

Food was good and fun and cute. Green eggs and ham and the pancake hat stack was cute, I liked the fox in socks steak and eggs.

High Tea is nothing of the sort, its is simply tea. It is avaialable on all sea days from 3PM-4PM. It was held in the aft MDR of the Breeze as well. It had some finger sandwiches and pastries, fruit etc, the tea was bigelow tea bags, your choice. Then cake to end it.

Although not formal tea it is also quite wonderful and highly recommend it. We try to do it as much as we can.

That said apparently CCL is planning on charging for Tea time, :mad: not pleased with this and will tell them so when I make final payment on our Magic cruise. Won't pay tea room prices, $5 per person or less would be pushing it but likely we would still do it. Maybe! :cool:

Edited by Trumpster

Never had the High Tea yet but is it something you have to get there when it starts or can you float in later?

They prefer you be there on time, I have seen them sit people in the first 10 minutes or so, but the food comes in courses, sort of.

It is on carts so I suppose they can adjust.

First you pick your tea, then a plate of sandwiches, the some scones, then desserts. Its kind of a set pattern.

Suess at sea includes a story telling time in the aft comedy spotlight lounge followed by a Suess character parade to the forward Showtime Theatre.

As was stated the Suess Breakfast is held in the aft Main dining room, (at least it was on the breeze) its was $5 per person and was wonderful.

I think it was at 8:30 and 10:15 or 45? Two seatings, we went to 8:30 on the Breeze and will do it again on Magic.

Food was good and fun and cute. Green eggs and ham and the pancake hat stack was cute, I liked the fox in socks steak and eggs.

High Tea is nothing of the sort, its is simply tea. It is avaialable on all sea days from 3PM-4PM. It was held in the aft MDR of the Breeze as well. It had some finger sandwiches and pastries, fruit etc, the tea was bigelow tea bags, your choice. Then cake to end it.

Although not formal tea it is also quite wonderful and highly recommend it. We try to do it as much as we can.

That said apparently CCL is planning on charging for Tea time, :mad: not pleased with this and will tell them so when I make final payment on our Magic cruise. Won't pay tea room prices, $5 per person or less would be pushing it but likely we would still do it. Maybe! :cool:

They won't be charging for Tea Time, just certain specialty teas. Everything else will be no extra charge.

They won't be charging for Tea Time, just certain specialty teas. Everything else will be no extra charge.

Thank you, I just asked that in the other thread on the topic, I can live with this change and charge if the tea is really a better blend.

JH blog seemed to suggest this was the outcome.

DW and I did Tea Time on the first sea day on the Valor last week. Sorry to say, tea bag choices are no longer Bigelow. They were Lipton regular or Lipton decaf. One sweep of the dessert cart to each table.

Tea selection changes also applied to the tea available on the Lido. :( Dining manager implied it is now or soon to be fleet wide. Lipton or Lipton. Maybe this keeps them from charging for the "High Tea".

Just got off the Magic 1/10/16. Disappointed as there was 1 parade and 1 book time. Both were Cozumel (1st port) and at 5pm and 5:30. Green eggs and ham last sea day not sure the cost. No tea time. We had to get ready for dinner @ 6pm. Thought there would be another day and were wrong.