Quick question

barrelracer89

My cousin was supposed to take his Girlfriend on the Fascination in 13 days. To make a long story short he found out she was cheating and now isn't going to take her. He asked me to go but I can't get off on that short amount of time. What would be the money he would lose if he just wanted to transfer the money he paid to the cruise we are going on as a family in November? Thank you in advance for the answers

13 days before sailing, I believe he will lose ALL of the money if he cancels. They won't let you transfer the sailing to a new date. Depending on how he booked, he may not even be able to change names of a passenger. Do you know if he booked early saver, past guest or some other rate?

He could go on the trip solo and just have her be a "no-show" at the pier...otherwise, even if just cancels her, he would possibly be charged a "solo" supplement. He would get her port charges and taxes back if she is a no show....

Not many options at this point.

Kim

13 days before sailing, I believe he will lose ALL of the money if he cancels. They won't let you transfer the sailing to a new date. Depending on how he booked, he may not even be able to change names of a passenger. Do you know if he booked early saver, past guest or some other rate?

He could go on the trip solo and just have her be a "no-show" at the pier...otherwise, even if just cancels her, he would possibly be charged a "solo" supplement. He would get her port charges and taxes back if she is a no show....

Not many options at this point.

Kim

Agreed best bet is to have her be a no show

14 days or less you are in 100% penalty period. Taxes and port fee are all he would get refunded. I concur with the above posters. No benefit of cancelling and no way to transfer any money to a different cruise. He should go on the cruise and let cheater girlfriend be a no show.