Dawn

smurf1635

We just got off the Dawn last Sunday. I think the thing I enjoyed the most was the entertainment. Most of the shows were really well done. My favorite of the evening shows was Elements. We signed up for the Murder Mystery Show w/lunch which is $20 extra per person. It is done by the Second City Comedy group. It was fabulous!

We just got off the Dawn last Sunday. I think the thing I enjoyed the most was the entertainment. Most of the shows were really well done. My favorite of the evening shows was Elements. We signed up for the Murder Mystery Show w/lunch which is $20 extra per person. It is done by the Second City Comedy group. It was fabulous!

This sounds great! We were on the Dawn last year and 2nd City was fantastic. We are leaving again this Sunday and was wondering if you could fill me in on the show. Was it full? When did you sign up? What was the lunch like? Thanks in advance.

To the OP: The lap pool is part of the spa and an extra charge. I did not see sauna's anywhere other than the spa last year but I may have missed them. We did work out daily and there is no "fitness" locker room with sauna's as I thought there would be.

As the others have said, the sauna, steam room and lap pool are additional. It was $129 I think for the whole week or on port days you can buy a day pass for $35.

We love the evening entertainment! Elements was fabulous as were the aerialists, and David Davinci and the dancers/singers too really. The Quest game was a lot of fun and Second City was great too.

Although I love the Dawn and will back on her this August, I have to say one of the disappointments for me was the Spa.

I have done spa passes on other ships and loved the space to retreat to when rest of ship was crazy. The Sauna and Steam were extremely small on the Dawn. Maybe would fit 2 or 3 people total and only in the individual mens/womens locker rooms, so I could not enjoy time with my DH in them. I would not call this a "Thermal Suite" as its just a big room with a small lap pool, 1 jacuzzi and 1 "thalassotherapy pool" that was really just a larger jacuzzi you could lay back in.

There were only about 10-11 loungers in the area and then 3 rows of upright deck chairs squeezed into the middle of the room. More comfortable chairs were in the indivudual Mens/Ladies areas. Also, no separate outside lounge area for the Spa.

Don't get me wrong.. I would recommend the Dawn for anyone who is looking for a Non-Mega Ship experience. The ship was great, the staff fantastic, Food wonderful (especially Le Bistro) and great entertainment. I'm just a big spa person and expect a bit more. Really missed my heated loungers. I don't plan to purchase a spa pass for our next cruise as I don't believe they plan to touch the spa in the Dry Dock this year.

Enjoy your time on the Dawn, just don't plan for an Ultimate Spa Experience.

I am booked for April 17th 2016, I have a question, can you tell me what are the time for the nightly shows in the theater? I know you mentioned Elements is one of the shows do you remember what are the others called? I have cruised on other NCL ships and all the shows are fantastic.

also, did you get the Ultimate Adult drink package as part of your booking?

I did for free and was wondering if they allow you to order drinks any time of the day and night?

Thank you

Lisa

I am booked for April 17th 2016, I have a question, can you tell me what are the time for the nightly shows in the theater? I know you mentioned Elements is one of the shows do you remember what are the others called? I have cruised on other NCL ships and all the shows are fantastic.

also, did you get the Ultimate Adult drink package as part of your booking?

I did for free and was wondering if they allow you to order drinks any time of the day and night?

Thank you

Lisa

Hi Lisa

With that drink package you can order drinks anytime you want one! :D