Just Off The Allure - Tips For A More Enjoyable Cruise

Please be sure before you remove someone's towel that they have left it for at least 30 minutes. We all like to take a dip and cool off occasionally and then sit for awhile. Can't sit for hours without getting up.

I've cruised enough that I can spot a "chair hog nest" and don't need to wait the 30 minutes if I want to sit there. If I see a towel with one flip flop or a paperback book and no other sign of life, I help myself. I must be pretty good at it since I've never had anybody come back and try to reclaim "their" spot. I also help myself to chair hog towels if I need an extra towel in my cabin for wringing out my swimsuit or some laundry.

since the refurb, any more cool "secret" balconies or places to go/see? Thanks! We did allure in 2011 but its been a hwhile

I had heard about a "secret" balcony on deck 11 aft, but when I went back to check it out, one of the room stewards on that deck told me that during the recent dry dock it had been turned into a big suite - and an expensive one at that.

We did find some old-style deck chairs on the aft section of the walking/jogging track if you want to sit and watch the ocean like you are actually on a cruise ship and not a floating resort. Grab a hot dog from the Dog House, and walk toward the aqua theater and down some stairs to find the chairs and enjoy a nice snack. Coffee and donuts in the morning are also nice there as well.

One device is $15 per day, two devices is $22.50 per day. If you are a C&A member, wait until you are onboard in order to get your discount.

We signed up and are C&A members but this is our first cruise. Would we still receive a discount and if so how much is the discount?

We signed up and are C&A members but this is our first cruise. Would we still receive a discount and if so how much is the discount?

I don't know the discount offhand, but it's pretty small for Gold members. However, you can only get the discount if you purchase when you are onboard the ship.

I read somewhere that there is shampoo, conditioner and soap dispensers already in the cabin. I am going to bring my own, but just checking to see if this is true? I know that space is pretty tight in the bathrooms.... :rolleyes: lol

There are two bars of soap and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

Thanks so much for these little tips... I will be on Oasis on March and I HATE HATE HATE Lounge chair hogs by the pool. It is probably my biggest pet peeve. I also hate that no one enforces it like they say they do. If they say they enforce it then they should! If I see any towel on the chair I WILL move it. It's really not fair for people who don't do that..like my husband and I! End Rant....Thanks :)

Same goes here. To mitigate that issue we only book suites so we get our own area. :) That's a joke by the way. That would be one expensive solution to ensure a spot on the pool deck. :D :eek: I can just see that discussion now, "How do you make sure to have a lounger on the pool deck? Instead of spending $1,000, we spend $6,000."

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Same goes here. To mitigate that issue we only book suites so we get our own area. :) That's a joke by the way. That would be one expensive solution to ensure a spot on the pool deck. :D :eek: I can just see that discussion now, "How do you make sure to have a lounger on the pool deck? Instead of spending $1,000, we spend $6,000."

Best comment I've seen on CC in a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Everyone!

Forgive me if I am hijacking a thread, here. I can't figure out how to start a new one. My family has decided on a cruise reunion (Allure of the Seas, in June), and it's already slim pickings for central rooms. The room I have on hold is 6666! Other than the Satanic component (!), I'm wondering if this room will be noisy. :) It's near the stairwell, and not too far from the champagne bar below. I wish I could just pick a room a bit forward or aft, but my 7 year old is prone to motion sickness, and we need a central room.

If anyone has been on recently, can you speak to the hallway situation? Looking at the map, it looks like this room is exposed to a main hallway thoroughfare and bathroom. Is it?? I'm a light sleeper, and don't want to be in the noisiest location on a ship. We could shell out another $700 to go to another category above (the D1 rooms with the extended balconies) which has more central rooms available. But I'd really rather not. This cruise is already almost double what we normally spend. 2 years ago we sailed on Princess, in a mini suite, for almost $2000 less...

Thanks everyone!!

Edited by snveen

Hi Everyone!

Forgive me if I am hijacking a thread, here. I can't figure out how to start a new one. My family has decided on a cruise reunion (Allure of the Seas, in June), and it's already slim pickings for central rooms. The room I have on hold is 6666! Other than the Satanic component (!), I'm wondering if this room will be noisy. :) It's near the stairwell, and not too far from the champagne bar below. I wish I could just pick a room a bit forward or aft, but my 7 year old is prone to motion sickness, and we need a central room.

If anyone has been on recently, can you speak to the hallway situation? Looking at the map, it looks like this room is exposed to a main hallway thoroughfare and bathroom. Is it?? I'm a light sleeper, and don't want to be in the noisiest location on a ship. We could shell out another $700 to go to another category above (the D1 rooms with the extended balconies) which has more central rooms available. But I'd really rather not. This cruise is already almost double what we normally spend. 2 years ago we sailed on Princess, in a mini suite, for almost $2000 less...

Thanks everyone!!

The deck plan is a bit misleading, You are actually quite far from the elevator lobby and bathroom. I would not be concerned.

Thanks Bob!! We actually just moved to room 12662 (husband said no to #6666), which is also central. Worried it might shake so high up, but with a ship this size, I'm hoping not!

You should be fine. You're close to the pool deck now, but not immediately under it. We had a deck 12 stateroom on Allure once and had no problems.

You should be fine. You're close to the pool deck now, but not immediately under it. We had a deck 12 stateroom on Allure once and had no problems.

That's so nice to hear! Thanks again! I'll probably end up being glad we're only 1 floor from the kids activities as well. :)

Hi Everyone!

Thanks everyone!!

When we were on Allure, our table in the MDR was table #666! We had great service though and the food was pretty good!

I can't remember our room number but it was near Boleros and the Latin music was heard very loudly in our room until about midnight.

• 2 weeks later...
Great tips. We were on Allure the week of January 10 and I would agree with your comments, especially the shows being so loud.

Just an FYI for folks...Park Cafe has Lox and Bagels in the morning so that was my go to breakfast place. I think they have Lox and Bagels in the dining room too but I like a quick breakfast so I can get to the pool before all the deck chairs are taken. SaragassoPirate is right. There are so many who put a towel on a chair and then are not seen for hours and hours.

We loved our Allure cruise.

Thank you.... we will be on May 1. Last time we were on Allure there was breakfast buffet with lox in the MDR on Sea days. Anyone know if they still do that? It was a nice uncrowded bufffet . They gave you your table, first.

When we were on Allure, our table in the MDR was table #666! We had great service though and the food was pretty good!

I can't remember our room number but it was near Boleros and the Latin music was heard very loudly in our room until about midnight.

Oh, my goodness, that is so funny!! Guess they didn't get the memo to also get rid of 666, along with a 13th floor... :)

Glad you had a great time dining though! And thanks for your response! Sorry I'm seeing this so late.