Someone please just tell me to take the plunge and commit

TXCruzing

Classic paralysis by analysis:eek:

(I forget the Myers Briggs, INTJ ?

Wkd in a building with hundreds of them)

Book it !

Passport cards are still available tho' I'd suggest getting both it and a regular passport then you're all set for wider horizons:D

Edited by pspercy

My hubby and I are planning a cruise (his first, my second) for our 25th Anniversary in September. I am guilty of researching things to death. I have been lurking here and reading threads for months. I finally booked on Liberty of the Seas for a (I think) great fare in a Deluxe Oceanview w/Balcony on Deck 12. And I'm afraid to finalize it and pay the deposit. What if we hate being so far forward? What if my hubby (who has a fear of heights) won't go on the balcony because it is too high? What if it is the wrong ship for us? What if, what if, what if...

Is anyone else this crazy when it comes to booking. I know we are going to love the trip, but I get way too hung up on little details.

Just do it....you will have a great time. I won't share Merion_Mom's words and say "Take the Plunge" since you are taking your DH on a cruise ship (LOL), but move on and just do it. You will probably find he is still has his fear of heights, but also enjoys sitting on the balcony as well with a nice glass of wine (my type of enjoyment).

Thanks for the advice! We had already planned to drive, but I hadn't thought about going down the night before, or about parking at a hotel. Will definitely look into that option. I had been weighing the pros and cons on passports. I have a passport card from when I took a cruise with my sister a few years ago. I don't know if they even still do those.

Now for the down side. September is hurricane season. During hurricane Ike, people who parked at the cruise lost their cars. Still, I'd drive. I've done cruises in September and October before with no problems including our last cruise on the Navigator from Galveston. Just check on you auto insurance to make sure you are covered.

I think the passport cards are still valid, but if you needed to fly home from a foreign port you'd have a problem without a full passport.

Edited by Jimnbigd