Just off Freedom of the Seas

Sailed on FOS from the 24th to the 31st. This is only our third cruise.

We had no issues boarding the ship or disembarking as well. On Sunday we enjoyed lunch at the cafe on deck 5. Luggage was deliver by 3:00.

Our best dinners were the ones we had at Chops Grill and Giovanni's. We had breakfast at the main dining room and enjoyed that spot each morning. We did have coffee/tea delivered in the morning but found the take out coffee at the cafe to be better and hotter so took to the stairs and got our hot drinks there.

It took me a couple of days to get used to people everywhere. Thank goodness for our balcony for quiet time.

Our stateroom was 7620, an assessable room. Very spacious and a large balcony too.

Hubby found the bed comfortable, me a bit too hard. I think we still had an old mattress on it but there was the egg crate topper.

Meals, to each other's discretion. I guess I could be real picky about it but why bother. It's nice to be away for a week and be catered to.

We took 2 bottles of wine onboard and a 12 pack of Diet Coke. Nothing was said when going through security. Bought a couple of drinks on board when specials were offered.

We did have drinks when off at the different ports.

Just my own opinion from the cruises I have been on in 2009, 2012 and 2016, I notice a decline in service and quality of food.

We did have a nice week weather wise and it was great to be away.

We have been on Princess Sapphire and LOS before. It just seemed like crowds always. Herded here, herded there on the ship. Main dining room for breakfast was lined up sometimes to the on air room. Many people complaining not enough wait staff. I say, relax, you're on vacation and not cooking your meals, lol.

Sailed on FOS from the 24th to the 31st.

Just my own opinion from the cruises I have been on in 2009, 2012 and 2016, I notice a decline in service and quality of food.

I was also on that cruise and also noticed a decline in the service and quality of food. I brought my boyfriend for his very first cruise, he thought it was "ok". I REALLY wanted him to be excited about cruising like I am, and this cruise basically stunk.

I was also on that cruise and also noticed a decline in the service and quality of food. I brought my boyfriend for his very first cruise, he thought it was "ok". I REALLY wanted him to be excited about cruising like I am, and this cruise basically stunk.

............he's a "keeper" if he could put up with a crappy cruise for your sake..........

Well this is my 6th cruise, fourth with RC. I had been hyping him up for a year about how much fun, how nice, relaxing it is, how good the food is etc.

I was disappointed, but he thought it was ok because he had nothing to compare it to.

RC food and service has most definitely declined over the years.

• 3 weeks later...
We have been on Princess Sapphire and LOS before. It just seemed like crowds always. Herded here, herded there on the ship. Main dining room for breakfast was lined up sometimes to the on air room. Many people complaining not enough wait staff. I say, relax, you're on vacation and not cooking your meals, lol.

I guess we each have a different experience with the same ship. We were on the Caribbean Princess twice and that ship with the exception of the NCL Breakaway was the most crowed of all. Never enough room in the theatre, finding beach chairs or at the piano bar. In the dining room, while we had a table for two, we were not even a arms length from the people to our left and right. For our second Caribbean princess cruise, we booked the sanctuary for the entire week- we like leaving from NY so that is the reason we cruised with Princess in the summer. No longer do they sail from NY in early August.

Edited by Cruise a holic