Evening Chic on Celebrity

the sailing scot

Hi

We are going on a Caribbean cruise on 6 March 2016 and would like to know from people what the position is with regard to formal wear on the Evening Chic nights - Do many people still wear formal wear?.

We are travelling from Scotland and would like anyones advice or opinion.

Thanks

The Sailing Scot

Hi

We are going on a Caribbean cruise on 6 March 2016 and would like to know from people what the position is with regard to formal wear on the Evening Chic nights - Do many people still wear formal wear?.

Thanks

The Sailing Scot

There are no longer formal nights so there is no need for formal wear unless you want to bring it. Celebrity's description of what is OK for evening chic is not that much different from the smart casual that is the dress standard for the other evenings.

There will be cruisers with formal wear with them, either from not knowing about the change or through making a conscious decision to take formal wear. I am not taking my kilt for the first time ever on a cruise. While we have loads of baggage availability, it adds to what we have to move about. I will take a few jackets to mix and match throughout the cruises.

We were on a Dec 11 cruise on the Equinox and the "Evening Chic" dress code "started" on cruises departing after Dec 4. On "Formal" nights there were a few men who wore a tux and somewhat more who wore a suit (as I did) or a sport jacket / blazer. We were in the minority though as most dressed pretty much the same as they did on "Smart Casual" nights. You won't be out of place in formal attire but you probably will be in the minority.

I plan to take mostly smart casual attire and perhaps dress it up for Evening Chic with a blazer. Based on the Dec cruise this will pretty much be the norm and I will enjoy packing a bit lighter.

Hi

Thanks

The Sailing Scot

I assume your on the eclipse if so why not post this on the roll call for this cruise http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2067046&page=31

There are a few Scots on this cruise.

You can click on link in my signature and view the roll call.

Happy Sailing.

Hi

Thanks

The Sailing Scot

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2309805

Some information from a recent cruiser on this thread. Enjoy your cruise...my Scottish friend would wear his kilt and all the contraptions that went with it (as he did on New Years at the golf club - which was Evening Chic).

Edited by oceangoer2