Lack of communication from Cozumel Cruise Excursion Tour Co.

pennychipps

I think there are two issues here.

First there are two companies......same name

One is cozumel cruise excursions dot com and the other dot net.

Not sure who is booking with whom?

I can tell you this....we booked with dot com in October 2015. Dot com is operated by a marketing company. Everything went perfectly fine for us and in fact our ship did not port on the day booked. We ported on an entirely different day and this only became known to us after boarding day. We emailed from the ship, got a quick reply that they were aware of the change and they would still be there for us on our new port day! I couldn't have asked for better service.

Our guide was exactly where they said he would be and we had the best tour day ever in Cozumel. We were a family of 6 ranging in age from 24 to 58 and we did the dune buggy tour. We were very well taken care of throughout the day and they accommodated changes to their normal course of the day.

Hoping this helps some of you to feel more comfortable. I was more than pleased that they were still able to help us with the different porting day as I thought it could have caused them to be unavailable as of course other ships would be porting that day too.

Anyway the point is we were extremely satisfied.

Just did the private jeep tour this past week. With .net company. I spoke to my guide about this issue. They are well aware of it and trying to find a solution.

But for me, the owner was in touch within 48 hours of booking and all went as planned.

I would highly recommend them.

We used cozumelcruiseexcursions.net for a private Jeep tour in March. There wasn't a lot of communication, but they did send us an email before we left on our trip with very detailed instructions of where to meet, including pictures and maps. When we arrived our guide was waiting and we had a great day. I can't remember the guide's name but he was very friendly and informative. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you crusingfamily for clearing this up for me!! I have booked a private snorkel excursion via the Cozumel cruise excursions . NET. I THOUGHT I was booking with the one I had read about on trip advisor which is the Cozumel cruise excursions . COM.

VERY CONFUSING!

Has anyone ever taken the private boat (we reserved the 43' Chriscraft) for the 4 hour snorkel tour with the Cozumel Cruise excursions . NET?? I haven't received my confirmation email yet as promised so now I am leery.

Would appreciate any info or experiences any one else has had with this company. They are apparently owned and operated by a larger company called "Island Marketing LTD"

Ok I just realized that I actually booked with Cozumel cruise excursions . COM. I don't know how I mistook that but I find it a bit sketchy that these 2 different tour operators have the exact same name.

Anyway, the communication I am receiving from Cozumel Cruise Excursions. COM (which is actually run by Island Marketing LTD) has been good, I get timely responses to all my emailed questions. So even tho I was a little leery because of the 2 different operations with the same name, I am feeling better because of their good communication.

I will write a review of my actual experience when I get back in July.

Moongal - welcome to Cozumel where there's a ton of competition for tourists. Both companies are legit and one is trying to piggyback on the others web site. But as long as they offer what they say they will, should be no issue. According to years of reviews, both companies do.

Personally I prefer .net because they offered a more custom tour for a small group (just me, actually).

I have only ever used the .net company. And they have been amazing each time. Last time we were booked for El Cielo Snorkel Tour and the weather was sunny and gorgeous but it was very choppy and windy on the way in on our cruise ship. So when we met them Carla informed us that they were sorry but for our safety we'd be unable to snorkel this time. They typically do not respond to tons of emails..they do respond about 4-7 days before your cruise. I've always had them respond in that time frame. I hope you'll give them a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Just did the private jeep tour this past week. With .net company. I spoke to my guide about this issue. They are well aware of it and trying to find a solution.

But for me, the owner was in touch within 48 hours of booking and all went as planned.

I would highly recommend them.

Could you tell me a little bit about what you did on your tour? My husband and I are wanting to book a jeep tour with them, will be just the two of us. And how far in advance did you book. We sail on December.

Thanks!

I booked 2 weeks in advance. But if it's high season, I would book much further out.

As to what to do - they have a set tour they do which combines snorkeling, beach breaks, tequila tasting, the lighthouse, lunch, etc. but you can totally customize as I did. I don't snorkel - I wanted to see Punta sur, the chocolate factory and east side and we made it happen. And we made the decision right before we drove off. So you don't have to tell them anything ahead of time.

I booked 2 weeks in advance. But if it's high season, I would book much further out.

As to what to do - they have a set tour they do which combines snorkeling, beach breaks, tequila tasting, the lighthouse, lunch, etc. but you can totally customize as I did. I don't snorkel - I wanted to see Punta sur, the chocolate factory and east side and we made it happen. And we made the decision right before we drove off. So you don't have to tell them anything ahead of time.

Thanks, sounds just like what we are looking for! This is my 6th time to Cozumel (DH's 5th time) and wanting to see some different things. The last two times in a row to Cozumel we did the Cozumel Bar Hop which takes you to the east side and it so beautiful over there, we love it!

Where did you stop for lunch? We have eaten on the east side at Coconuts, Playa Bonita, and Rasta's...

• 1 month later...

My experience so far with http://www.CozumelCruiseExcursions.NET...

I emailed them yesterday afternoon regarding our interest to do the Jeep Tour when we port there in November. I wanted to know how much additional was it if we stopped during the tour and rented wave runners. I received a response from John 24 hours later with the information. We will probably be booking the Jeep Tour with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have emailed back and forth with John Adams from .net because I had a few questions about the jerp tour. His responses were always fairly quick, no more than 48 hours, and extremely helpful. We have booked the jeep your for our cruise in just over 2 weeks. I can't wait

Sent from my VS986 using Forums mobile app