Bottomless bubbles question

cruisinqt

We normally get the bottomless bubbles once we are on board. My husband wants to order it now. How does that work? Do they leave the sticker in your cabin for you to put on your card? And I was thinking that there was a financial advantage of some sort to waiting until we leave port and are out to sea (that's normally when we purchase ours). Is it tax free or something?

To answer your first question, if you pre-purchase it online, they'll put a "Bottomless Bubbles" sticker on your Sign-and-Sail card at the terminal when they first activate it and give it to you.

Not sure on the tax thing...

We normally get the bottomless bubbles once we are on board. My husband wants to order it now. How does that work? Do they leave the sticker in your cabin for you to put on your card? And I was thinking that there was a financial advantage of some sort to waiting until we leave port and are out to sea (that's normally when we purchase ours). Is it tax free or something?

If you normally purchase as soon as you board, you are paying sales tax anyway. If you pre-purchase, you do pay sales tax. If you wait until you are international waters, you do not. IMO, it's not enough money to worry about. I would buy it ahead, but that's just me.

When I was on the Imagination a couple of weeks ago, I had pre-purchased the Bottomless Bubbles program. I was thinking perhaps there would be a sticker on my sign and sail card when they gave it to me, but I had to go to Lido deck and the guy at the table selling Cheers and Bottomless Bubbles had a list of pre-paids and he looked me up and put the sticker on my card. Maybe it varies from ship to ship?

You still need to get your sticker at a bar but they have a record of you purchasing it. Bring your email confirmation anyway. It will not be on your card when you receive it.

The tax thing is incorrect. They changed this at least a year and a half ago, maybe longer. You do NOT pay tax if you prepay. You do NOT pay tax if you buy it at the port. You do NOT save any money by waiting until you get into International Waters.

You ARE taxed on the individual drink you order while in a US Port such as Miami, Puerto Rico, etc.

Edited by firemanbobswife

You still need to get your sticker at a bar but they have a record of you purchasing it. Bring your email confirmation anyway. It will not be on your card when you receive it.

The tax thing is incorrect. They changed this at least a year and a half ago, maybe longer. You do NOT pay tax if you prepay. You do NOT pay tax if you buy it at the port. You do NOT save any money by waiting until you get into International Waters.

You ARE taxed on the individual drink you order while in a US Port such as Miami, Puerto Rico, etc.

Thanks for the correction. It's be a few years since I purchased BB (I don't drink pop any longer).

Yes that is standard no matter where or when you buy it. That is automatically added to all bar purchases.

Do they add the 15% to the purchase of the bottomless bubbles package and then again each time you get a pop using your card? Or just at time of purchase of the package?

Do they add the 15% to the purchase of the bottomless bubbles package and then again each time you get a pop using your card? Or just at time of purchase of the package?

Just at the time of purchase of the package. You now have to sign a receipt every time you get a drink and there is a spot for additional gratuity if you want to add one.

Thanks so much for all of the info guys. If I don't have to pay tax if I prepay and I can pay that now and get it out of the way then I'll just do that. It's one less expense to deal with when we're on the cruise. We're getting it for our kids. Too bad they don't have bottomless southern sweet tea I'd buy that for me in a heartbeat. I just can't handle the stuff they call tea on board. :rolleyes: