Coffeemaker in Allure suite lounge

Does anyone know the brand of the coffee machine in the Allure suite lounge? We've been looking for one that will brew single cups of regular, cappuccino, espresso, etc., using whole beans and not those annoying pods. While I'm sure this one is way out of our budget, hoping to find a similar home model. Thanks in advance...

Does anyone know the brand of the coffee machine in the Allure suite lounge? We've been looking for one that will brew single cups of regular, cappuccino, espresso, etc., using whole beans and not those annoying pods. While I'm sure this one is way out of our budget, hoping to find a similar home model. Thanks in advance...

I found a 'Krups Espressaria EA825000 Full-Auto Espresso Machine' when I was researching them a few months ago.

I ended up getting a Rivo, I ground my own beans and use a seal I bought off Amazon for the pods.

I haven´t taken a close up of the one in the Suite Lounge but I took a photo of the coffee machine in the Diamond Club. Both look the same and the one in the DC is a WMF.

WMF is a German company. Their machines are mainly for hotel use. I don´t think they produce anything for home use. I can highly suggest the Swiss brand Jura for home use (sorry, Krups is crap!).

steamboats

• 3 weeks later...

So there is free one-touch cappuccino in the suite lounge? Because that's a huge deal to me!

As for brands, I second the recommendation for a Jura machine if you're going to buy one for home. They do require more maintenance than other brands but make very good coffee.

If you don't mind spending $2k there's also the Breville Oracle which combines an automatic with a traditional machine. Check both brands out at Sur La Table :)

Thanks for the recommendations on the Jura...been pricing them out, but hard for me to justify spending as much as a cruise fare for one! Will keep my eyes open for a refurbished one!

And yes, Gig, it does make specialty coffee. My DH would fetch coffee every am from the lounge (hate the in-suite coffee maker). Was so disappointed when I went up on disembarkation morning to see all the types of coffee I missed out on (he likes just plain ol java) [emoji22]

Yes.

Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendations on the Jura...been pricing them out, but hard for me to justify spending as much as a cruise fare for one! Will keep my eyes open for a refurbished one!

And yes, Gig, it does make specialty coffee. My DH would fetch coffee every am from the lounge (hate the in-suite coffee maker). Was so disappointed when I went up on disembarkation morning to see all the types of coffee I missed out on (he likes just plain ol java) [emoji22]

And thanks to you too! We've splurged on a CL so it will be just down the hall :D

As for Jura, look at it as an investment compared to a retail coffee shop.

Machine = $1100 - $1500

Coffee = $0.32/double shot (2oz liquid, 14g coffee @ $10/lb)

Milk = $0.15 for 5oz = 10oz frothed (based on $4/gal)

Starbucks = $4.50 for a grande latte

@ $4 savings per day per person, you alone pay for the machine in a year! And you have it right there in the morning, no drive thru, no lines. Want a latte on a Saturday morning while feeding the dog? Push a button!

Edit: Clearly I'm passionate about my coffee!

IMG_6894_2.sized.jpg

Edited by Gig103

Thanks!

And thanks to you too! We've splurged on a CL so it will be just down the hall :D

Machine = $1100 - $1500

@ $4 savings per day per person, you alone pay for the machine in a year! And you have it right there in the morning, no drive thru, no lines. Want a latte on a Saturday morning while feeding the dog? Push a button!

Edit: Clearly I'm passionate about my coffee!

Thanks for the analysis, my wife would love this machine.:)

Machine = $1100 - $1500

@ $4 savings per day per person, you alone pay for the machine in a year! And you have it right there in the morning, no drive thru, no lines. Want a latte on a Saturday morning while feeding the dog? Push a button

IMG_6894_2.sized.jpg

Hmmm... almost convinced. Now to just figure out which make/model!

Hmmm... almost convinced. Now to just figure out which make/model!

Sweet! Do know in advance that you can't use really dark coffee (like any sold at Starbucks) in an automatic machine because they isn't a way to clean the grinder. I recommend the ones that have one-touch milk too for the added convenience.