are there a wide variety of cocktail menus offered on Voyager of the Seas?

korky1

I was planning on buying a premium drink package on my upcoming cruise on Voyager in March as I really wanted to be adventurous and try lots of different cocktails. I was depending on there being extensive cocktail menus available but have read on RCI board that a lot of their ships now only have one blue and white drink menu available no matter which bar you go to and these only list a very limited number of cocktails. If this is the case, may give the package a miss as on previous RCI cruises I have ordered the odd cocktail from pages and pages of cocktails and was really spoilt for choice. Any recent experience with cocktail choices on Voyager ?

Thanks for any knowledge you can provide.

Haven't cruised on Voyager but we did a cruise on Rhapsody last year. The printed cocktail list wasn't huge but the bartenders were quite happy to make cocktails that weren't on the list as long as they knew how to make them. If you have a Kindle or Ipad etc why don't you download a cocktail book, then you'll have recipes that you can show them.

BTW avoid cocktails like pina coladas, and psosibly margheritas, as they are oftne made from a premix and are disgusting. Sugar city!

I was on Explorer in December and could only get the premade cocktails....maybe just got the wrong bartenders. They couldn't even make me a Midori Splice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Layn33

BTW avoid cocktails like pina coladas, and psosibly margheritas, as they are oftne made from a premix and are disgusting. Sugar city!

I love pina coladas. Surely a couple during the cruise wouldn't hurt. :)

All the cocktails of the day are pre-mixes. I remember when the cocktail menu on Royal had the photos. I'm sure being able to see what you are getting would sell more.

I love pina coladas. Surely a couple during the cruise wouldn't hurt. :)

If you like them, have them. I tried one and it was nothing like a real pina colada, it was exceptionally sweet, with that strange metallic backtaste you sometimes get from tinned pineapple juice. It certainly wasn't creamy or coconutty. It really was disgusting.

I love good pina coladas too, but not that muck.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes, Lots of different cocktails. Most of bars has a different cocktail menu.

Was on Explorer at Christmas & faves were from R-Bar and Tavern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24-Dec-2015Explorer Of The Seas13nt South Pacific - New Zealand Cruise

22-Jan-2015 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

10-Jan-2014 Voyager Of The Seas3 Night Sampler Cruise

03-Feb-2012 Rhapsody Of The Seas 3 Night Sampler Cruise

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off Explorer. I had the "beer package" and my wife had the premium package, not the ultimate. I don't think she has ever drunk so many different cocktails in her life. The mudslides and lava flows were coming thick and fast all night. There was a huge beer variety too.

The R Bar was certainly the most upmarket but we tended to be at the Tavern Bar for the Karaoke. If they couldn't make the cocktail they sent a barman out to get it from another bar.

We saw lots of different cocktails being custom made. I recommend the "Dennis Special" from the Crown and Kettle..

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on voyager at the end of last year. One of the most extensive menus is at the Pig and Whistle but they are all of a theme, and some strange concoctions they were too! Each bar had a different cocktail menu, however if the cocktail you would like is not listed, just ask and they will make it for you. I started a run on Toblerones at the pool bar after a lady asked me to show her where it was on the menu. It was not on the menu but became pretty popular anyway[emoji4]

If you're looking for ideas, the best Mojitos are at The R Bar, Pig and Whistle For Mai Tais and Lucy at the pool bar makes a mean Toblerone or Mudslide. Enjoy!