Sail and sign Cash for kids.

CJHAN

I was wondering if there is any way to put money on my kids sail and sign card so that I can control what he spends with out attaching him to my actual SS account, giving him full access to my credit card? Its not that I dont trust him not to run up a huge amount of debt its just that He is in-fact a teenager and they can be unpredictable and forgetful. Can I set up some sort of daily allowance or something like that?

I was wondering if there is any way to put money on my kids sail and sign card so that I can control what he spends with out attaching him to my actual SS account, giving him full access to my credit card? Its not that I dont trust him not to run up a huge amount of debt its just that He is in-fact a teenager and they can be unpredictable and forgetful. Can I set up some sort of daily allowance or something like that?

Sometimes you can get their card restricted to a fixed daily amount.

You can go to the pursers desk and have cash put on his card. But each time you want to put more on his card you have to wait in line at the pursers desk again. I put everyone in our family on the same credit card. I choose unlimited spending for my husband and I. For my kids I can choose a specific amount and adjust those amounts at any of the kiosks throughout the duration of our cruise. Or if you have the new Hub app available on your cruise then you can adjust those amounts on your Hub app. It's so much easier than waiting in line at the pursers desk every time you want to put a little more money in their account. For my teens I put their spending limit at $100 on the first day. Half way through the cruise I adjust their limit to $200. We have done 8 day cruises lately and their teens. It keeps them from spending it all at once. Sometimes I add a little more if they are especially good.

Edited by cruisinqt

yes, you can set a limit at guest services for them. If you choose to, you can extend that amount later on in the cruise. We usually start with $50 for my kids and see where they are halfway through the cruise. That way they can be responsible without me having to worry about a huge bill

ON our last cruise I wanted to put teenage grandson on an " allowance" like we had always done before. They wouldn't do daily limits any more - said he was either on or off of our account. Guess I should have just made a separate one for him.

You can go to the pursers desk and have cash put on his card. But each time you want to put more on his card you have to wait in line at the pursers desk again. I put everyone in our family on the same credit card. I choose unlimited spending for my husband and I. For my kids I can choose a specific amount and adjust those amounts at any of the kiosks throughout the duration of our cruise. Or if you have the new Hub app available on your cruise then you can adjust those amounts on your Hub app. It's so much easier than waiting in line at the pursers desk every time you want to put a little more money in their account. For my teens I put their spending limit at $100 on the first day. Half way through the cruise I adjust their limit to $200. We have done 8 day cruises lately and their teens. It keeps them from spending it all at once. Sometimes I add a little more if they are especially good.

This seems like the best option so far thank you you have just made my son a happy person for now after all he is a teen.

This seems like the best option so far thank you you have just made my son a happy person for now after all he is a teen.

I'm sailing on the Breeze next month. I see you're sailing on her after I am. If there's any changes I'll post about it. I'm really looking forward to using the new Hub app and being able to go into my account and adjust things from my phone instead of going to a kiosk or the pursers desk. :)

I'm sailing on the Breeze next month. I see you're sailing on her after I am. If there's any changes I'll post about it. I'm really looking forward to using the new Hub app and being able to go into my account and adjust things from my phone instead of going to a kiosk or the pursers desk. :)

Ok. Thank You!