Has anyone sailed from NY to the Caribbean in April

HarmonyPA

youll lse at least day 1.....bermudas cold 4/1...,

Ā 

Don't think any of the April itineraries go to Bermuda - too early in the season. However you are correct that until the second day the weather is likely to be cold until the ship is further south off the Carolinas.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I am booked on the NCL Gem leaving New York on April 1st. I am wondering if you lose days due to the weather, What to pack ( I do not want to over pack!)

Any suggestions

Ā 

The GEM is doing the Bahamas NY, San Juan, St Maarten and Tortola. You will be fine after the first day and since you have 3 sea days in a row you can really work on your tan! Dress for NY because you'll have to deal with that weather and after the first day I think you'll be in shorts. Pack a light windbreaker and one pair of light pants and you'll be covered for whatever the weather will be.

Don't think any of the April itineraries go to Bermuda - too early in the season. However you are correct that until the second day the weather is likely to be cold until the ship is further south off the Carolinas.

Ā 

Ā 

You are correct, but by day 2 they will be off the coast and parallel to Bermuda. At least, we were last month, and it was cold......plus, last year I went to Bermuda the first week of May, and I was told that was the beginning of their season......add it all together, and you get cold on day 2.

New York doesnt warm up til June.

I sailed out of Bayonne, NJ early May last year.. it was chilly the first night, after your first sea day/2nd night it should be a LOT better. And those days aren't "lost" by any means! the food, entertainment, enjoyment of the cruise ship is still 100% there, the only thing you don't get to do is spend time outside dressed like its summer and expect to stay warm :)