My Navigator/Diamond thoughts

There have been a lot of Navigator reviews since it has repositioned to FLL.

So I am just adding some of my thoughts and things I noticed and stuff I haven't seen mentioned in reviews. Things that have been standard/non standard.

To preface. As you can see we do mostly Royal and have had 2 cruises in the past year on Radiance and Jewel. We are not high maintenance and demanding. Go pretty much with the flow. I am a vegetarian (no meat at all) , hubs no vegetables :)

From the past couple ships noticed that the little coffee table is gone and the curtains have been updated to the white and light blue. Really lightened up the room.

We had a aft/stern/fantail balcony , whatever you want to call it. it was 150 steps from aft elevator to our door. 7388. So worth it for us. No soot on balcony. We had 2 loungers, 3 reclining chairs and a table. A most fantastic stateroom attendant, Betty. In case anyone is booking a cabin around 7672 there is some sort of leak from toilet or shower. There was a fan constantly running and a stain showing this is a long going problem. Not a one time deal.

FOOD STUFF--A lot, I mean a whole lot of upselling for MDR steak/lobster add ons, Izumi and Giovannis. They would go around MDR & outside of Windjammer all week selling. I was given a 20% off coupon for Giovannis. Giovannis had a pasta making class & lunch for 20.00, as Izumi did for Sushi class and lunch.

The waiters several nights offered discounts on the side upsell on the steak/lobster items. (I cant remember what it is called but you know where you pay 14.95 for a chops steak or Lobster 34.95) And the last night they were offering Filet Mignon for $10.00. No new menus yet. However, I do see a few new dessert items and a few new salad entrees.

I had been told on another ship from the waiters they do not know in advance the menu order. I know a lot of people ask the menu order. This is ours. Don't hold me to it for other cruises

Mojo-Saffron-Pimento-Basile-****ake-Portobello-Jasmine-Pomodoro

Personally-I HATE all and any Windjammer type food , environment of any ship or land. This Windjammer seemed smaller to me. I ate mostly the salads and took the (horrible) pizza and pastas and added toppings searched around for like onions , black olives, bell peppers , broccoli etc.

We did My Time Dining. Made the time reservations for the week in advance. A lot of people did not do this and was just totaled confused or appalled. The layout for MTD is better than the previous 2 ships we did. not as packed in. The first 2 nights went smoothly for us. I timed it literally one night we were seated appetizer to dessert and out in 35 minutes. The rest of the trip it was total chaos especially at the host stand. We varied on servers and tables, never the same. But it was fine. Hubs had a problem and others did too with steaks and prime rib being undercooked. Medium rare was barely warm blood red rare. So he started ordering Medium and did ok. Just an observation, not complaining, there were shorts in the dining room even though it said no and people in bathing suits no cover ups in Windjammer.

We did Sabor for lunch. I had read so much on here and I always miss my Mexican food talked hubs into it. $20.00 for lunch, appetizer, mostly burritos and quesadillas , sides and dessert. It was just ok. Not great , not worth it. Would have been better off at Senor Frogs. Dinner is $25.00 and has more expanded entrée menu. Glad we went though

They still don't have it together with departure or Immigration. They line us up we stand and wait , they let us off the ship, long long immigration lines. We did luggage valet for the first time. Just a little helpful information inserted here, my 75 yr old mother did luggage valet once , she called me from the Miami airport to tell me to come alone when I picked her up in NC. She had forgotten to leave out pants the night before. She was wearing a sweater, nightgown, black tennis shoes and a crooked wig and ran to the car. Her friend had been drinking on the plane I couldn't blame her . So always be sure you leave out pants the night before. Anywhoo. loved the luggage valet.

DIAMOND INFO- I had previously read they gave you free water, indeed we received 4 free waters in addition to our free diet coke beverage of choice. and I suppose it is a diamond perk, we received 2 each tubes of lotion, shampoo and conditioner. We went to the lounge each night around 7 for a few drinks. nice appetizers in both sides of lounge. no one checking at the door. There was one extremely grumpy bartender. he checked us twice. non of the bartenders were friendly. they sure didn't want to keep making us drinks even though we tipped them each night and each drink. I saw one waiter. He never helped us , there were 3 large groups keeping him hopping and demanding he get drinks, food, clear off tables. Very rude demanding people. The C&A rep only saw her twice , once fetching drinks for people upset there was no waiter and once she came and introduced herself and talked with us. very nice. Before someone says it I know we could have pushed and complained and been more assertive, but don't think I should have to for someone that I am paying. A another note. Just an observation because some have asked. There were at least 6 kids in the Diamond lounge and one infant. (and not all kids were well behaved but neither were all adults ;)

The ship was in great shape. Couple small signs of wear. This was however the worst service we have ever had on a ship. Literally we sat there a few times amazed at staff hiding to not work, running the other way when clearly people were trying to get their attention. It was not a cheerful or friendly staff feeling we got at all. We are booked for next January, but are going to cancel and rebook another ship or Celebrity. Just something was off , not a good vibe

I found it very disappointing they didn't show better movies at night. The had Everest (newer film, ok) Superbowl (fantastic fun) but then things like the 90's Ground Hog day movie, Singing in the Rain, and a couple of kids movies.

I did complain on my survey that the drink prices are totally too much. For 1 frozen Margarita, extra shot of tequila (didn't taste like it) plus auto gratuity it was over $14.00. We don't drink that much (well I could) to make the beverage packages worth it especially with the free Diamond cocktail hours. I do resent that they over price the drinks. They accidently charged us for a mini bar water $3.48. had them take it off but still. That is outrageous profit on the drinks they are making.

Sorry didn't mean to make this so long. Please don't flame me. I just get some great info on these boards and feel like I should give back. Hope something helped .

Too bad you had that experience. On our cruise in Nov/Dec on Navigator the bar staff in both the Diamond Club and Concierge Lounge were great and very efficient - sorry you had a bad experience.

We also had a long wait getting off the ship. Actually Have been out of all 3 RCCL Terminals (18, 25, and 29) this winter and they have all had extremely long lines and only 2 to 3 customs people per ship. This was due to the sequester a few years ago, and it hit Port Everglades hard.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Senor Frogs better than Sabor?! Thats a bold opinion or an off-day for Sabor.

Actually it sounds like an off-week you had for your cruise. I don't blame you for selecting a different ship for your next cruise.

Edited by seannyice81

Senor Frogs better than Sabor?! Thats a bold opinion or an off-day for Sabor.

Actually it sounds like an off-week you had for your cruise. I don't blame you for selecting a different ship for your next cruise.

What I meant about Senor Frog / Sabor was just for me. As I am a vegetarian. I personally would have been better with spending 20.00 at Senor Frogs for my Mexican food fix. Not saying it is equal to Sabor. I am sure if you ate meat it would very much be worth going to Sabor.