Live from the Liberty

dodgersmom

I thought I had read in a different thread that people get around this by asking the cabin attendant to put an extra quilt down under the fitted sheet.

Thank you for the suggestion! It's all good now, though -- I confirmed with Special Needs that a mattress topper can and will be made available in the stateroom for my wife once we get on board Liberty in November :)

We are in Galveston and waiting to depart from the ship. We had a marvelous cruise!

Our mattress was very comfy--there was an egg crate topper on it when we arrived. We also loved the variety of pillows.

Crew was friendly and attentive.

Good variety of activities.

Entertainment was good--don't miss the In the Air show and ice show.

We are in Galveston and waiting to depart from the ship. We had a marvelous cruise!

Our mattress was very comfy--there was an egg crate topper on it when we arrived. We also loved the variety of pillows.

Crew was friendly and attentive.

Good variety of activities.

Entertainment was good--don't miss the In the Air show and ice show.

Wonderful! Will you be posting a detailed review or pics? Glad to hear some positive things about Liberty.

We are following Karen (internetwhiz) on Periscope who is boarding this morning.

Was the egg crate topper a special request or just in there...read many folks complaint about the beds and going through special needs request to get a topper and trying to decide if it's necessary or not.

Was the egg crate topper a special request or just in there...read many folks complaint about the beds and going through special needs request to get a topper and trying to decide if it's necessary or not.

I would just go ahead and fill out the Special Needs form:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

Only takes a few minutes of time and then it's taken care of.

We are Diamond Plus and have over 280 days on Royal.

The beds , on the other hand are horrible. We brought a foam topper, but it wasn't enough. We added one of their foam toppers before we could sleep.

These are just my random thoughts.

Craig: How did you take the topper on board?? Just buy a new one and keep it rolled in the original packaging?

Mary

What a fantastic time on the LOS. Would have been great if both slides were open. But I totally understand safety first. You must try the green slide at night. Will not give it away, but it is so very cool.

The staff in the Windjammer were excellent. If you see Mahesh at breakfast and dinner, you will be in great hands. Loved the movies on the pool deck. We saw Minions, Spectre, Mockingjay II. They also showed Steve Jobs and The Last Dinosaur, but we missed them.

The production show and the ice show were great. Very entertaining. Our cabin steward was great. Did not see him much, but everything was always done as it should be so that's all I ever ask for.

The food...well, I certainly did not go hungry, but please RC, put some green veggies at the buffet. Few nights there was broccoli which I love, but mostly it is a sea of beige foods.

There were. Lot of kids on the cruise, which we were not expecting. Apparently, every state but Texas has a winter break. I do have to say that they kids were well behaved. They definitely took over the pools and hot tubs, but I never had any issues with them. When we wanted to sit in the hot tub, we went over to the Solarium.

Never had an issue getting a chair by the main pool.

A few misses...we already spoke about the new mattresses. Just not sure how anyone I RC purchasing sat on that and thought these will be comfortable.

No more progressive trivia. That was disappointing but there was still lots of trivia during the day.

I did not like our cabin placement and will never again book on the deck right below the windjammer and sports court. My issues, not RCs.

Overall, the ship looked great and I can't wait to go again. Next up, Harmony in November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by dodgersmom

Wonderful! Will you be posting a detailed review or pics? Glad to hear some positive things about Liberty.

We are following Karen (internetwhiz) on Periscope who is boarding this morning.

She is posting lots of photos on Facebook

2012366082_SuiteloungeLiberty.jpg.83c15171986282619d2edc5e4fdf3ef7.jpg

Question on Splashaway Bay...I am reading that adults are not allowed - is that true and what does that mean exactly? Can anyone verify what the age/height restrictions are exactly? I am only asking bc I have a 5 year old whom I could see being timid at first to go play alone initially and if adults are not allowed in the area is there staff patrolling it? Just trying to be prepared for our trip on 3/27?

Hi, Just got off Liberty on 2/21:( Adults cannot go on the slides in Splashaway Bay. There are Adventure Ocean staff who patrol it. It all depends on height, they have a makeshift thing made out of duck-tape and they see your height and if it is okay they give you a green bracelet. Your son should not be to worried unless he is short. If he is to short he will still have a good time. Here is a picture I took:)

P1080127.JPG

P1080127.jpg.6ffbe6121f9d9f2fe7c1e1700346e493.jpg

Edited by BOSS_Cruiser14

Hi, Just got off Liberty on 2/21:( Adults cannot go on the slides in Splashaway Bay. There are Adventure Ocean staff who patrol it. It all depends on height, they have a makeshift thing made out of duck-tape and they see your height and if it is okay they give you a green bracelet. Your son should not be to worried unless he is short. If he is to short he will still have a good time. Here is a picture I took:)

P1080127.JPG

Thanks! I also worry that DD will be a bit timid the first time without DW or me with her on the slide. She will be 5 by the time we sail on Liberty and she might just barely make it to 42" in height. Maybe with pool shoes on...and standing slightly on her toes ;)