Really Bizarre Mariner's Reception

doublebzz

The one we had on the Eurodam in October was horrible.

It was at 1:30 in the Crow's Nest. We got there by about 1:25 and it was packed. We found DH a seat and I used the seat on my Rollator.

We had to get our own cheap glass of sparkling wine -- I only took a sip -- too bitter. Never saw anyone with appetizers.

No one to greet us. But within a few minutes the cellar master showed up and started to do a pitch about the various wine packages. No other officers.

We didn't even get an invitation for the one the second week of our cruise.

Anyone could have attended this so called Mariner's reception.

HI: How do you travel when travelling with your Rollator?Do the airlines check it in as luggage or do you take it on the plane and flight attendant stows it? Thanks for your help from a Disabled Veteran!:confused:

We recently (Mon. Feb 8) jumped ship, leaving the OOSTERDAM a month early...on her Jan 18 cruise of the six President's Club members sailing (each couple was booked for 63 days...NONE of us showed for the Marinator's Reception nor did any of us show for the "party" during the Jan. 29th cruise and on that cruise heavy hitting Marinator friends who have over 1,000 days didn't go either. Not one of the eight of us felt that we missed ANYTHING...HAL surely has changed.

Willem, I am so sorry to read this. Makes me very sad but thank you for sharing. There has to be some plan HAL is following and we can only speculate. When the most loyal are dissatisfied, there is something very wrong.

HI: How do you travel when travelling with your Rollator?Do the airlines check it in as luggage or do you take it on the plane and flight attendant stows it? Thanks for your help from a Disabled Veteran!:confused:

The main part of our house is on one level so I don't need a rollator at home. Grocery shopping, etc., I hang onto a cart.

I rent a rollator from Care Vacations and it is in our cabin when we get on the ship. Our TA arranges for me to have wheelchair assistance for embarkation and disembarkation days.

Thank you for serving our country and keeping us safe. :)

We never bother with these.

Is this supposed to be a perk for Mariners or does everyone get an invite now?

If it is a perk, really it is really a stretch to consider it as one. Seems like more of an annoyance to us just to have a piece of cheese with some olive on top and stale bread under, and a thimble full of fizzy sweet plonk.

That is exactly how Mrs Banjo & I feel.