Celebrity Reflection deal or no?

love2cruiseLadies

I know this may be crass, but I'm not sure booking so early is a good idea.

I just booked the reflection for Dec 3 (7 night western) this year for two people in an unobstructed balcony category 2b, on the 7th deck. We paid 2036$ with 400 obc and the classic drink package. I know it's hard to tell, but I'm new to X and not sure if this is a good deal or if the price may reduce closer to the date (mostly, after final payment in Sept).

Any advice from experienced X cruisers??

Thanks!

Edited by love2cruiseLadies

A popular on line site has your cruise and cabin listed right now for $899pp with $375 OBC, and either a drinks package OR free gratuities. :cool:

Some people are very happy booking early, some people prefer waiting...

Some people prefer booking through the cruise lines, others prefer travel agencies.

Depends on YOUR priorities and what makes you comfortable and happy. ;)

I just booked the reflection for Dec 3 (7 night western) this year for two people in an unobstructed balcony category 2b, on the 7th deck. We paid 2036$ with 400 obc and the classic drink package. I know it's hard to tell, but I'm new to X and not sure if this is a good deal or if the price may reduce closer to the date (mostly, after final payment in Sept).

Thanks!

There's a current thread dealing with the issue of pricing and booking early or late with a wide diversity of opinion. My personal approach is to book as early as possible to get both the best cabin selection and best price. Yes, there might be the occasional late drop in price if Celebrity is having trouble filling a ship, but in our experience that is very much the exception.

That is a week with less demand, however I doubt the price will go much lower and if it does you will not be getting the freebies. I think it is a good deal especially if you would purchase the drink package or several drinks anyway. Use the OBC to upgrade the drink package and have a great week.

There are websites [Cruise Critic is one] that will track prices on this cruise for you and report whenever there is a reduction. We have benefited from multiple price cuts on our upcoming Celebrity cruise [ended up with a suite for the same price we had originally booked AquaClass]. After final payment you probably can't get a reduction, but you would also have to settle for whichever cabins are left over. I always book at launch fare and then ride the price cuts down until final payment -- even if there are no cuts, I can rejoice in my carefully selected cabin!

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

We are really getting excited about our cruise. It is coming up fast and will be here before we know it. We haven't done a big cruise ship in almost 10 years, as we have done several river boat cruises. So we feel like "newbies". We joined the Cruise Connection Party, which has 58 guests to date. Will be fun meeting everyone. Our main question is excursions at the different ports. Does anyone have any tips to pass on??

Thanks!

Thats a nice deal. Drink package and higher OBC.

there are web sites that "claim" to have better deals. ************* comes to mind)

We did call one recently only to find that they offered one perk or another, not both--because they $/credit helped pay their fee..and lower the cruise. In the end, we'd aveve paid more because the drinks package alone is a great value...