Balcony GTY to Concierge GTY for $80 pp

1bravesfan

I checked online and compared prices offered between different classes. Increases in perks on offer are normally for new bookings only to entice new customers not to increase the benefit of existing customers. You pays your money you takes your chances on prices going up or down. Since you are fully paid I would ask what is the upgrade price which should be the difference between what is on offer now and how much you have PAID already and see what they come back with. I know this to be trues because I had a price quoted for an upgrade from my TA and took the argument direct to X Head Office and that's the answer they came back with. When I went back to the TA suddenly things started to fall into place.Please keep us informed

Can you help me understand this then

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/...rice-guarantee

Where the perks are to be applied (even after full payment is made)

Can you help me understand this then

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/...rice-guarantee

Where the perks are to be applied (even after full payment is made)

My question is "Was your original booking made under a Best Price Guarantee condition?" For what you are suggesting to apply I would assume that a BPG booking would have to be made at the outset. If it was a BPG booking and there has been an increase in perks/ reduction in price my very limited reading of the situation means that you may have some case but rather than rely on my uninformed opinion suggest you speak direct with Celebrity and see if you can get some clarification or send an email to concerns@celebrity.com which I have found very helpful

Our experience is that a GTY could have a lifeboat in fron t of the balcony. With GTY Concierge that will not happen. A few perks (may not be worth it for them) BUT for the view not being blocked may be worth the little extra. Good luck and have fun cruising.

I have done the Gty twice. I was booked in concierge and decided to upgrade to a sky suite gty - one day later I was given the cabin number. Last week I paid to from concierge to aqua. next day I had my cabin number. I just went on to my reservation with celebrity - clicked on manage my reservation and it showed up there. You might want to call celebrity.

GTY cabins appear to be allocated within a couple of days if the cruise has been paid in full as ours was.

It can go right up to the wire and not be allocated until check in - no set time allocation on GTYs ;). X may even be offering paid upgrades along the line to ensure they have sufficient cabins in a particular category. I've even read on CC where cabins were recategorised for certain sailings e.g. 1Bs suddenly changing into Concierge Class cabins ;).

Still no cabin assignment for the Balcony GTY. Looking more like it may be at check in. There is now just one C2 cabin available but it is not in a very desirable location (8050). I may just stay with what I have.

Have you paid for your upgrade or just requested it. They wont allocate it until paid in full. If you get allocated a cabin and you aren't happy with it look around within the class and request a change. You may be lucky and get a C1 for your upgrade as we did

My checking of the Connie deck Plans has 8010 a Cat 2 balcony not a Concierge Class cabin. Am I right in what I am seeing

Yes it is. There are no more cabins in this category (2B). Don't know what to do now. Just called TA and was offered the Concierge GTY for $80 more per person or she could do a FV for $150 each. As nice as the FV cabins are, I can't justify it for a four night cruise.

Yes it is. There are no more cabins in this category (2B). Don't know what to do now. Just called TA and was offered the Concierge GTY for $80 more per person or she could do a FV for $150 each. As nice as the FV cabins are, I can't justify it for a four night cruise.

For a 4 night cruise one would have to resolve are the benefits of a Concierge cabin worth and extra $160 when that money would pay for a reasonable amount of booze and a dining in at a specialty restaurant. I would stay where I am. At the end of the corridor it would be relatively quiet.