Review of the Carnival Sensation!

nursemom2

My husband and I are sailing on the Sensation August 6 out of Miami, and we are so excited.

How is Half Moon Cay (have you been) or the Grand Turks?

We aren't big drinkers so you think we should just pay per drink?

Do you suggest we get the Cash Card or leave our CC on file?

When getting off the ship, what kind of bag should I carry? I don't want to carry a big purse.

Thanks a million!

I've only been to grand Turk, and we did a beach day there...as far as drinking goes, I would only pay by the drink, I would never be able to break even on the drink card....I leave my cc on file, it has never been a problem..

I have a small over the shoulder purse, that I have used on all my trips....I carry a little cash for souvenirs, a credit card, and copies of my health insurance, passport, and drivers license... Have learned to travel light!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Awesome review with some great pictures. I was actually thinking of trying that ship Next.

Thank you so much for your kind words! If you get a chance to book this ship, go for it! Foods awesome, staff is great, and you will have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
I've only been to grand Turk, and we did a beach day there...as far as drinking goes, I would only pay by the drink, I would never be able to break even on the drink card....I leave my cc on file, it has never been a problem..

I have a small over the shoulder purse, that I have used on all my trips....I carry a little cash for souvenirs, a credit card, and copies of my health insurance, passport, and drivers license... Have learned to travel light!

Thanks a million.

Thanks for posting your review! It brought back a lot of wonderful memories as I sailed the Sensation with my husband last summer. (I have a review of it in my sig too).

I also found your review of the Paradise on your website. We took my son on his first cruise this past January on the Paradise! It was so fun looking at your reviews and reliving our own memories. You all look like you had a great time!!

I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has....:)

I'm looking to book a room...when it says "Obstructed View" what exactly does that mean? Life boats in the line of sight? Poles?? Not sure what would be considered an obstruction on a ship??? :confused:

I'm looking to book a room...when it says "Obstructed View" what exactly does that mean? Life boats in the line of sight? Poles?? Not sure what would be considered an obstruction on a ship??? :confused:

It can mean several things, the view might be obstructed by a life boat, or window washing equipment, a view of the ocean below, can be obstructed by an overhang. Your travel agent should know... Most obstructed views are only a minor annoyance...

I just think this is a PERFECT example of something one can do at the right price, with better service because it just often goes that way on Fantasy class, for the right amount of time on Carnival. 4 days totally different from weekends...congrats and thanks for sharing your great cruise!!

I just think this is a PERFECT example of something one can do at the right price, with better service because it just often goes that way on Fantasy class, for the right amount of time on Carnival. 4 days totally different from weekends...congrats and thanks for sharing your great cruise!!

You are so welcome! I am leaving soon for a transatlantic!!! I Love all the relaxing sea days! Will write a review when I get back[emoji4]

Love the review, we are headed that way in June. We are sailing with a 6 year old and a 1 year old. Pretty sure the 6 year old will never leave the water park.

Behind the water park area, there is a small shady area, I drug a lounge chair over there, and relaxed in the shade, while the kids played... It would be a nice place to leave your things, and escape the sun once in a while[emoji4][emoji4]

Behind the water park area, there is a small shady area, I drug a lounge chair over there, and relaxed in the shade, while the kids played... It would be a nice place to leave your things, and escape the sun once in a while[emoji4][emoji4]

Perfect, thanks so much...