very first try at Price Reduction refund

Out of Iowa

We've sailed several cruises now and I've often felt that we booked at just the wrong time, thereby paying too much. Once or twice, our former and wonder PVP (he's no longer at Carnival) surprised us with OBC when we boarded. So that made me feel better.

I got up my nerve, tried the CCL Fare viewer and found a startling difference - so I completed the online form, printed my "evidence" from the Fare Viewer, and included the link in my claim form.

Crossing my fingers for some OBC...$250.

How will I know if it's granted?

Typically, a prompt flashes up after you submitted saying they will review and get back to you within 2-3 business days or something like that. If you didn't see this screen after pushing submit, I'd call to make sure because that is a lot of money to miss out on! Check your balance too first. If before final payment, they would have deducted from your total due. Otherwise, below it they'll show your on board credit. Good luck!

So quick and easily...it worked! I got emails with attachments saying my price protection request has been approved. It didn't state the amount, however.

I searched this Board and found instruction on where in the Print Online General Info docs I would see the financials, and sure enough! OBC credit already shows.

Thank you, Carnival :)

Spa and photos, here were come...

So quick and easily...it worked! I got emails with attachments saying my price protection request has been approved. It didn't state the amount, however.

I searched this Board and found instruction on where in the Print Online General Info docs I would see the financials, and sure enough! OBC credit already shows.

Awesome! Sometimes it pays off to be persistent. I check every day for price drops. $250 is nothing to scoff at if that's what the OBC is.

Congratulations!! My last price match got me a price reduction and an upgrade :)

We booked the pack and go from ocean players for myself and daughters on the Dream.I used my VIFP#. My question is, if there is a price drop can we get it? If we can are we entitled to the drop one time only before we are in final payment? Cruise is in July. You think we might get reduced rate with the pack and go as well?Thanks for any info.

Congrats! I did it this week at got 405 reduction in my fare. I was very happy about that.

Make sure they didn't switch your cabin! I qualified for a price drop and called Carnival a few weeks ago because I wanted to make sure my cabin wasn't changed. I got confirmation from the rep that our cabin would remain the same and after checking the confirmation email, we went from a balcony on deck 11 to a balcony on deck 6. I was able to get it all worked out, but the hassle wasn't fun.