Eating at Las Caletas Beach Hideaway in PV & Stone Island "Letty's" in Mazatlan

bamm

Hello,

Has anyone had a bad experience eating at the excursion Las Caletas Beach Hideaway on Carnival in Puerto Vallarta? Also has anyone had a bad experience on Stone Island in Mazatlán? I've heard Letty's is very good. I will be stopping at both of these places very soon and am looking for feedback on whether or not my group should avoid eating the food. I assume we should not drink anything that does not come out of a sealed container?

Thanks for the info.

Hello,

Has anyone had a bad experience eating at the excursion Las Caletas Beach Hideaway on Carnival in Puerto Vallarta? Also has anyone had a bad experience on Stone Island in Mazatlán? I've heard Letty's is very good. I will be stopping at both of these places very soon and am looking for feedback on whether or not my group should avoid eating the food. I assume we should not drink anything that does not come out of a sealed container?

Thanks for the info.

We have been to Mexico many, many times and have always eaten on excursions or just exploring on our own.

We have been to Las Caletas and the food is very good, drinks good too. Never been to Letty's but others have and say it's very good.

We have never gotten sick, ever. My DH did get sick from something on the ship one time though.

Go and enjoy!

We only had margaritas at a restaurant in Puerto Vallarta (for $1 each) after taking the public bus to town. We have been to Stone Island twice. The first time was on an excursion and the food wasn't that great at the restaurant but the second time we went on our own to Letty's and had good drinks and food. You can stay there, using their loungers, as long as want if you buy food and drinks. The only thing we avoided was lettuce type food. If you are going to Stone Island on your own go out of the pier shops, turn left and continue down the street (past the park) as it turns until you see small boats which ferry you over to Stone Island (for a small fee) and then walk on the beach until until you see Letty's. Have a good time in both locations.

We only had margaritas at a restaurant in Puerto Vallarta (for $1 each) after taking the public bus to town. We have been to Stone Island twice. The first time was on an excursion and the food wasn't that great at the restaurant but the second time we went on our own to Letty's and had good drinks and food. You can stay there, using their loungers, as long as want if you buy food and drinks. The only thing we avoided was lettuce type food. If you are going to Stone Island on your own go out of the pier shops, turn left and continue down the street (past the park) as it turns until you see small boats which ferry you over to Stone Island (for a small fee) and then walk on the beach until until you see Letty's. Have a good time in both locations.

The restaurant in Puerto Vallarta was probably the Cheeky Monkey (on the malecon across from the ladders statue) or the Sea Monkey About a block across the Rio Cuale in old town.

Same owner and same prices at both places. Beer and Margaritas $1.00.

We just did both Las Caletas (excursion) and Lety's @ Stone Island (on our own) last week. Both places were absolutely wonderful. Las Caletas food was buffet style and i tried just about everything with no problems at all. Food was EXCELLENT!

At Lety's we had the highly recommended coconut shrimp and also tried the chips/guacamole which were excellent. We had cokes, beers, quesadillas and the ceviche with no problems at all.

We just did both Las Caletas (excursion) and Lety's @ Stone Island (on our own) last week. Both places were absolutely wonderful. Las Caletas food was buffet style and i tried just about everything with no problems at all. Food was EXCELLENT!

At Lety's we had the highly recommended coconut shrimp and also tried the chips/guacamole which were excellent. We had cokes, beers, quesadillas and the ceviche with no problems at all.

I haven't done Las Caletas, but wholeheartedly agree with the Lety's comment. It is really good !!!!